World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all out in Cav bay on sunday,fished a mark recommended by Chrisp.
Started well with a few decent Bull Huss and doggies.
Had a screaming but short lived run on a shrimp rig which i assumed was a Tope.
We changed to Tope rigs and shortly my buddy had a run which resulted in his first Tope around 10lbs.
Shortly after releasing my line screamed off to the horizon and what followed was the most exciting 10 minutes of my many years fishing the result was a wonderful Tope around 25lbs,it just left me shaking what wonderful fighting fish.
We had several more good runs including one lost at the boat which was easily 30lbs.
Great day out,best day since having the boat,including lots of bream several to 3lbs.
Many thanks to Chrisp,one thing ive learnt since having the pleasure of knowing this guy is that his advise is second to none-cheers chris be round for a cuppa again soon.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Glad you found some Tony. We had a few runs on the shrimp rigs as well on spinning rods. One about 20lb was nicked in the chin so we mamaged to land it or should I say Ian did. I think he enjoyed the scrap. Had a few nice bream as well.

Kettle is always on mate. ;)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Caernarfon Bay, North Wales, the mark Tony had his catch is too close inshore for the Charter boats. It is within 3/4 of a mile of the shore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts