World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not been fishing since November so decided on a day out. Started a bit later than intended as I was knackered after two days helping my brother deliver over 4 tonnes of kitchens - I'm not used to manual labour. I gathered some bait from the freezer and topped it up with some lugworm and maddies from Dragon BNaits. I dressed up with lots of layers and was fishing by soon after low water. It wasn't the most productive of days, but very nice to be out. I fished my big rod with squid and mackerel wraps hoping for an early ray and fished two hooks on my spinning rod, one with lug and the other with maddies, both tipped with squid. I was expecting to catch whiting and dabs, but the whiting didn't show. I had two nice dabs, both on lug and squid on the spinning rod. Thats lunch sorted for a couple of days.
Great to be out and I have another trip planned for this week with my big rods.

Sorry about the smudges on the last photo - dirty lens

Cloud Sky Water Fluid Liquid

Water Road surface Asphalt Soil Sand

Cloud Sky Water resources Water Slope

Premium Member
Well done and welcome back to the beaches Gareth. After your enforced lay off its great to see you've recovered and back out there. Looks like a lively size 9 dab to me.
Hope to fish with you again very soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Done Gareth nice Dabs Strange no Whiting has you seen I was down there Wednesday there where load's of Whiting Around and you Fishing exactly where I was 馃憤
I stayed away from just fish baits to avoid the doggies. One of the dog walkers told me some anglers nearer Burry Port were catching whiting, so they are still around, they just didn't like my worms.

Registered
I was using Frozen Blacks ,Salted Blow Lug . Sticky Blacks With Squid and Mackerel Into Cocktails using Loop rigs with size 2 Aberdeen hooks and Wessex Rigs with Size 2 and 4 Hooks Did you Walk down from Top End or Cross The Stream

1 - 14 of 14 Posts