World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIGHT! its about time i got out and dangled my tackle again, the withdrawl symptoms are getting bad - i woke up at 3am the other day, wearing waders, holding my rod (i'll let you make you own joke up there), and trying to catch things in the bath (dont pretend you havent done it!)

SO.....

Whats showing at the moment? any plaice about? i hear that there have been a few bream coming from the salcombe estuary - is east portlemouth worth a look at the moment?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
241 Posts
There is a lot of weed running down the estuary at the moment but there are a few fish coming out. Someone had a good sole of over 2lb down there the other week! There should be plenty of bass along with a few plaice. Give it a go, you never know what you'll get down there. Last time I went down I had my first golden grey mullet!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks, i think ill take a look next weekend. im guessing its worm baits and hard on the bottom, chucked out into the main channel there?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Worms baits will work for most species. I think if you want to have a go at a ray or gilthead then crab is you're best bet, as you say fished on the bottom. It may be worth taking a light rod set up and try spinning around the rocks for pollock and bass.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh im thinking about taking my bass rod to see whats about, flick out a big fat lugworm on light gear, like a bubble float or as you say, a spinner or plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts