World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first day thrashing the water this year for me on the old home beach.
all i can say for anyone coming to this/barmouth area over easter is be warned things are pretty slow around here!

hit the beach yesterday4/4/07 at low water and fished the tide in for about 4 hours,only small things caught i.e.2 small hand size turbot,a couple of micro dabs,one flounder about 8oz and a lovely weever(an early one).
bait used fresh mackeral from the fish monger and some razor fish from my frezer.
a very nice day but fishing was scratchy to say the least.
sailfish:sad2:

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
first day thrashing the water this year for me on the old home beach.
all i can say for anyone coming to this/barmouth area over easter is be warned things are pretty slow around here!

hit the beach yesterday4/4/07 at low water and fished the tide in for about 4 hours,only small things caught i.e.2 small hand size turbot,a couple of micro dabs,one flounder about 8oz and a lovely weever(an early one).
bait used fresh mackeral from the fish monger and some razor fish from my frezer.
a very nice day but fishing was scratchy to say the least.
sailfish:sad2:
nevermind sailfish and least u had go just back from barmouth myself walked the from sunny sands to next camp no one fishing but blenty off them dam jetskies ,so about hundred yards out the water was bubbling with fish dont no what they where ?shaggy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i saw alot of gull activity about 400 yards south of where i was fishing,don't know what they were diving for sprats probably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts