World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people i'm hoping to get down to chesil beach for the first time in about 7 years pretty new to fishing went a couple of times with my uncle years ago but recently decided i wanted to have another go at it.

I live in bournmouth i was hoping to get down there sat around 14:00 to fish the high water then maybe stay till after the low water (provided the misses aint board by then :) )

From my research there's a wide varity of species at chesil.

Anybody no where it might be best to go and any pointers in general

Thanks for anyhelp chaps

Ps I have shock leaders on all my lines

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hello mate, you may be better going to cogden as it will be less busy. if you need directions just say. devils teeth is very nice and only 800yds from abbotsbury car park but the last time we went there ghostie lost his glass eye so he won't go back there. i will be on chesil so if you fancy meeting up give let me know :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Checklist for fishing Chesil: Rod, yep reel, yep bag with all other bits and pieces,yep bait, yep and don't forget the crucifix and little vial of holy water ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Devils Teeth ?? is that also known as dragons teeth to the right of abbotsbury car park!

Isn't cogden further west ? Which is further away?

Will u be at the cove area ?

Holy water u mean tins if beer i'll have those ;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
sorry robbo i am a bumhole i meant dragons teeth and if you want to go to cogden i will go there if you give me a time. paid4 really did mean holy water but if you take enough lager the ghost will not bother you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i might try dragons teeth Just looked on the map and cogden is further away from me so think i'll save on the drive!

Will get there to fish the high water sat afternoon (hopefully it wont be to busy)

As for the ghost well i'm taking the other half so that should keep it at bay :D

What baits have been catching there?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the first trip was successfull caught 7 makril and a couple of small bass all on feathers!

Fished from 14:00 till about 23:00 we had a really good day! only disapointed that i didn't cath anything on my baited rods had two rods out with a mix of rag lug sqid and frozen crab. Got one bite which broke the hook length but that was it.

Not quite sure where i was going wrong with the baited lines. Any thoughts peeps

·
Registered
73 Posts
nothing keeps the ghost at bay ......Sounds like you had a good day i found fishing quite slow there during the day, but then thats me. i always find it better at night for bait fishing.

OOOOOoooooooooooo :eek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
went to chesil last year and had a blinder, just go to the ferry bridge car park (the one with the toilets and shop) park at the far end of the car park( furthest from the shop and toilets to the left), then go to the top of the bank directly in line with the little fence at the end where you should have parked, line yourself up with the lamp post in the car park just past the fence and line that up with a lamp post on the other side of the road, when you are lined up with them look out to sea and take 10 paces to your right, then just go sraight down to the sea (but dont go in!!!!), then cast about 80 to 120 yards out, you will be fishing on a ww2 landing craft, i know the instructions seem like a joke but believe me they aint. i caught 2x 5lb smoothies (one on the first cast),2 really nice red gurnards, 3.5lb codling, really nice trigger fish, ballan wrasse, mackeral and scad all in a 12hr session, photos to prove it all, no fishy stories here.
good luck :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
sounds like you hit chesil at it's best, i fish it all the time and have never had a session like that, i'm gonna give it a good bash this year in the hope of a good one like you had. wouldnt mind seeing a few of those photos

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
:) chesil is fishing well at the mo, the whole beach....lots of doggies n pout, with some large smoothies and bass showing.... nr the oil tanks fishing very well, with rag, fresh mackie and hermits being the best baits for me :D

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
:D i will be fishing saturday at ferrybridge from 1800-whenever..just after dark has been the best time for me..and also slack low water for the bass :D

V

·
0 Posts
type the following into your address bar......
http.//fp.kevthefish.f9.co.uk/chesil_fishing_venues.htm
then just save to your favs.hope it help's. :D :D :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
john,sent you piccys in an email
hope you dont mind
fatboy
:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
fatboy ere again, for codfather,
caught both smoothies on nice fat rag, every thing else on lug, hope this helps :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts