World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL ,can anyone advise me on a fish finder for my dinghy ,inflatable ive a 100 quid ,i dont won t loads of wire every were just one to connect to the transom ,black n white i suppose for a 100 smackers many thanks TIGHT LINES

T

·
0 Posts
Ther are a couple of portable units kicking aroun. Garmin do a good one, but I don't know the price.

No permanent wires at all as the transducer is connected with a removable suction cup and the main unit is powered by a small case with batteries in it.
When you are done you simply pack the lot in the little case (lunch box size - my lunch box which is fairly large) and away you go.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many thanks terry and tom TIGHT LINES ah just thought i will have to get one that works on 12 volts, so i can get a small battery ,and weight can be kept down?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many thanks alan,will look into it TIGHT LINES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that EAGLE CUDA looks the biz

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Shane,
I use a humminbird wide 100 fishfinder with transom mount and a navionics geonav 6 plus gps in our inflatable.

These all run from a 12v 2ah sealed lead acid battery (the type you get in alarm boxes).

The battery is about 7"x 2"x1.5" and weighs under 2lb. This fits in an underseat storage bag with all the other stuff (battery terminals covered to prevent short circuit). The mount for the fishfinder is bolted to the fiberglass seat through one hole so that it can be swivelled round for easy viewing.

The fishfinder cost me £39 secondhand on fleabay and the battery and charger less than £18 new delivered.

For the type of fishing that you and I do in the dinghy, I personally think this sort of battery is better than lugging a standard 12v one about.
We only ever intended to go out for a couple of hours at a time in the dinghy, although sometimes it's more like 6 hours. The battery lasted for the whole of the easter weekend (3 trips, 15 or so hours) before I put it back on charge.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excellent advice RON and MALCOLM ,is it the suction pad transducer i need to fix on the bottom of transom? .....TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well ive gone for the HUMMINBIRD PIRANHA MAX 210 PORTABLE 128 INCLUDING POST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so heres hoping i can get to use it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts