World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi guys,

Do fish fish finders really work? More specifically, do they work from the shore. &nbsp;Any particular makes to look out for?

And whats the general opinion of them, a easy way of making the hobby more productive or just a way of cheating at the sport?

Cheers,
Sutmae</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

My regular charter skipper has one that works for himself and no-one else. He keeps telling us that there is fish down there, but none seem to bite&#33;&#33;&#33;

I cannot comment on shore models, but will keep my eyes open. I can&#39;t see myself ever using one.

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Fish finders do work in that they show the structure of bed of the sea. They also show any matter that floats between the sea bed and the transducer, however they cannot accuratley discriminate between fish, weed and any other type of floating material. If you have a boat and you are a keen angler, in my opinion everyone should have one aboard as they can be useful as a safety measure.</font>

·
Registered
408 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I use a Lowrance lcx 15ct and it is fantastic&#33; I use it for finding wrecks,features, bait fish........ when bottom fishing it will spot a shoal of mackerel mid water allowing you to drop down a second rod + catch some extra. It also has a gps mapping facility and records onto memory cards allowing you to go back over trips at home and spot marks you may have missed.
Never tried one from the shore.</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for all the replies, there seems to be a huge range in price, and I`m sure quality too. I think I`ll leave it on the shelf for the time being.

Cheers,
Sutmae</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts