World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a session on the boat today out of Ardrossan. Among a mixed bag consisting of Ling, Cod, Herring, Mackerel, Gurnard, Whiting was this creature from the deep that even a large gull refused to touch before it swam away to safety. Anybody caught one before? It was a very bright orange colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that didn't take very long! Thanks for that...

PS Just googled it for more info...not as rare as I hoped:schmoll:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow, that didn't take very long! Thanks for that...

PS Just googled it for more info...not as rare as I hoped:schmoll:
Ask everybody on here to put their hands up if they have ever caught one and you will see how rare they are. Nice wee fish to add to your species.:clap2:

·
Registered
25,644 Posts
Ask everybody on here to put their hands up if they have ever caught one and you will see how rare they are. Nice wee fish to add to your species.:clap2:
Get a few of them down here,a fascinating fish,i love to see them:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a few of them down here,a fascinating fish,i love to see them:thumbs:
I caught some 3-4 feet long "Silver Scabbardfish" in Durban, but there unusual fish (for a Scotsman) were commonplace, but this one today freaked me out. I was scared to even touch it..big feartie. Mind you the gull took one look at it on the surface and beat it..
Nothing to worry about, they catch them 2 at a time in Cornwall..
I'll be braver next time...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Am sure Cocky had them in Loch Fyne a couple of years ago? The odd one pops up here - but very, very rarely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.