World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Yup its a tub gurnard, where did you catch it though JV? I have only ever seen one caught off Blyth Pier in the north east, although on the south west coast of Scotland they are a fairly common catch. Well done on another regional rareity though, it has been quite a year for unusual species in the north east already this year.

G

·
Here is a Tub Gurnard I caught last month

You can see the same blue tinge to the edge of the pectorals although it is not as darkly coloured as yours. The Red Gurnard is a very bright Red

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Here is a Tub Gurnard I caught last month

You can see the same blue tinge to the edge of the pectorals although it is not as darkly coloured as yours. The Red Gurnard is a very bright Red
thats a wierd coloured one, ive never seen them with that yellowy orangey flank, most the ones i have seen are like the one at the beggining of the post, nice fish

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
There's gurnard just out from Brid but they are mostly greys. The red colour is not good for identifying gurnards as even greys can be red at times. If that's from the shore Chris it's the first tub I've ever seen in the area although an odd grey has been taken. A new species for the Holderness list!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts