World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I met rxr, nice to meet you mate. I will not mention Jelly Fish :whistling :whistling

On to the fishing, I was fishing 2 light rods, one on the bottom and one on the float.

The float had one or two bites all night, nothing major.

The other other had a few bites and 2 fish.

1) a very big green eel, I would guess at over 2lb, as I hate the buggers I cut the line

2) a small pouting

and that was it!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I used to fish the docks for the Mullet and flatties that used to abound the docks. Since the Docks was Bleached a few years ago Ive never bothered since.......

....it could be ideal to get the youngsters interested in the sport but beyond that I wont fish it. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I used to fish the docks for the Mullet and flatties that used to abound the docks. Since the Docks was Bleached a few years ago Ive never bothered since.......

....it could be ideal to get the youngsters interested in the sport but beyond that I wont fish it. :mellow:
Mate of mine pulled a 6lb bass out of a there a couple of weeks ago using fresh mussels on a float. Buggered if I could do it a couple of weeks later......

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My mate pulled the only one out, we'll have to wait for another one to stray into the dock!
theres many fish in there! you can always see them jumping especially bass and mullet! but there buggers to catch! , the best places have to be on the other side of the docks the place your not allowed! :bangin::bangin:

alteast some fish where caught tho:D theres some big green eels in there lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres many fish in there! you can always see them jumping especially bass and mullet! but there buggers to catch! , the best places have to be on the other side of the docks the place your not allowed! :bangin::bangin:

alteast some fish where caught tho:D theres some big green eels in there lol
Tell me about it, that green eel was big, the biggest green I have seen, I guessed at over 2lb, maybe it was bigger, it was a couple of feet long and very thick!

As to the other side, I was talking to a guy down there, and he does over there until kicked off by security! :whistling:whistling

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
bushy. lets never talk about jellyfish again.
are you the bloke ive seen down there ? you were spinning for bass ??:marinheir:marinheir:bb:

yes you are lol , the metal detecting in your intrests give it away lol :D:D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Never tried Barry Dock, but occasionally fish Npt dock, until I'm kicked out by ABP security, any how, normally use 26/30gm condoms, th red and floury yellow seems best, hit the water, give a few seconds to sink then steady retrieve, never yet missed :thumbs: had a nice 4.5lb last year

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never tried Barry Dock, but occasionally fish Npt dock, until I'm kicked out by ABP security, any how, normally use 26/30gm condoms, th red and floury yellow seems best, hit the water, give a few seconds to sink then steady retrieve, never yet missed :thumbs: had a nice 4.5lb last year
never used condoms b4! same problem in barry dock (abp) but easy to avoid. there are many bass that come out of that dock. :victory:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts