World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone out there,

Just wanted to let you all know there are still no fish in Chapel St Leonards, and to ask you all 'do you know where they are' coz we keep fishing and coming up blank.

Look forward to your answers.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
I hope for a few bites on tuesday at North shore....

Whether or not any fishy types oblige I don't know...

·
Registered
248 Posts
local lads getting plenty of mackerel half mile out in their Kayaks, no good to us beach casters but the fish are there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
well thats bad news for me then... no fish !!! :sad:
might as well just let my bucket of peelers go :whistling....cos i am coming down there for a weeks holiday starting tomorrow !! i am stopping at huttoft ... but i could be fishing anywhere along that area of the coast .... hope the fishing improves drastically overnight... :fishing:
so if anyone sees an overweight mackem with a couple of 14yr old lads in tow ....oh... and an empty bait bucket it could be me!!!! why not give me a :wave:
cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
this time of year is a bit slow we in between seasons for a few chaps its been a good summer for hounds and there are still a few kicking around. a big well done to the folk who put the time in and bagged up :thumbs:. thay know who there are :fishing: as for me i hate to think it will soon be time for dark nights freezing me nuts off in me burger van hoping to earn a couple of quid, but whitting soon be here and if there is a god COD:fishing1::fishing:. ...............si

·
Registered
662 Posts
this time of year is a bit slow we in between seasons for a few chaps its been a good summer for hounds and there are still a few kicking around. a big well done to the folk who put the time in and bagged up :thumbs:. thay know who there are :fishing: as for me i hate to think it will soon be time for dark nights freezing me nuts off in me burger van hoping to earn a couple of quid, but whitting soon be here and if there is a god COD:fishing1::fishing:. ...............si
Dark nights,freezing in ya burger van,whiting & the odd cod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya love it si,,:wiggle:....:fishing:.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fished Sutton 04.30-07.30 today , sea looked good( but what do I know?)..frozen peeler one one rod, lug on the other, not a touch, even the crabs avoiding me.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Unlucky mate, but well done on getting out and trying....

I hope they oblige on tuesday night for me...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Well got out early on Sat high tide 06.11 so made a day of it, Started to catch right away, Hounds and Whiting! then Dean in his wisdom wanted to move,it went a bit slow after that then back to the first spot and more whiting,some flounders.In all we enjoyed it with about 20 keeper whiting and a dozen we put back.Three hounds and 5or 6 flounder.Returned.

So fish cake City.

Cheers Bill. ps all on squid and mackeral.

53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everyone for their replys, unfortunatly still nothing happening at Chapel Point but glad to hear the whiting are on their way down so it looks likes we are in for a good winters fishing. We will therefore be holding plenty of opens in the winter and hope to see you all there.

Tightlines to everyone and keep safe from all at Chapel Beach Anglin Club

·
Registered
203 Posts
if it is bass you are after then don't bother fishing after about 9.00 am in the morning. get out their at first light 4.30am - you will increase your chances significantly

i would not bother hitting the beaches on a sunny afternoon

·
Registered
145 Posts
to be honest with you i blame this beach nourishment program combined with the work going on @ the wind farm. if you think about it pumping hundreds of tonnes of sand along the beaches of Lincolnshire is gonna have some affect on fish migration as it would cover most of the natural food sources causing the fish to go further afield. myself and a friend have fished from six marsh all the way down to the boat compound in skeg using all manner of tactics to no avail. as for the wind farm by hammering the poles in they must send off some strong vibrations which in turn unsettles the fish in my eyes its a lose lose situation im no conservationist but this is my take on the whole situation because before all this work started fishing was good dab were plentiful as were flounder even sole,bass,doggies and smuts in the summer months then the winter brought good whiting and cod shoals but last winter they never arrived in the numbers of previous winters and this summer you were lucky to even catch a weever fish lets hope this winter brings the good fishing back !!!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
to be honest with you i blame this beach nourishment program combined with the work going on @ the wind farm. if you think about it pumping hundreds of tonnes of sand along the beaches of Lincolnshire is gonna have some affect on fish migration as it would cover most of the natural food sources causing the fish to go further afield. myself and a friend have fished from six marsh all the way down to the boat compound in skeg using all manner of tactics to no avail. as for the wind farm by hammering the poles in they must send off some strong vibrations which in turn unsettles the fish in my eyes its a lose lose situation im no conservationist but this is my take on the whole situation because before all this work started fishing was good dab were plentiful as were flounder even sole,bass,doggies and smuts in the summer months then the winter brought good whiting and cod shoals but last winter they never arrived in the numbers of previous winters and this summer you were lucky to even catch a weever fish lets hope this winter brings the good fishing back !!!!!
all that noise etc could well put the fish off in the near by area.... but got to point out myself and a few of the other regular hound hunter's have had what we would class as one of the best summers fishing one could ask for on the linc's coast.....

rob...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had the best hound and skate fishing whilst the dredgers were here! even in daylight!:fishing:
Quite a few anglers have had some good fishing on the coast this summer. I think its more of a seasonal thing than to do with the beach re-nourishment programme, they do it every year with no real problems. The boats are catching off shore so the noise from the wind farms is not an issue. There are shoals of pin whiting about just out of casting distance, so why would any fish want to pass them to search for food on the shoreline. It will pick up soon and we might get a good winter season, let's hope so anyway. So finger's, arms, legs and eye's crossed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts