World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>has anyone tried those new fishing strips they were tested in sea fishing mag and out fished worms for flatties going to try them next week justed bought sum im going to whitby for cod ill tell u how they get on</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i do think they would work for smaller fish

but for cod fishing i think they would be just too small a bait
as cod love a great big smelly squid/lug/razor cocktail about 10" long

i would only be confident using them for whiting,dabs,flounders e.t.c

but hey thats just my oppinion......worth a try

macky

i just bought some of ebay so will try them on the whiting shoal...(-:</font>

D

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>good point but i was thinking of using them to tip worm bates</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Being a curious fool... I purchased a packet last autumn but have only used them once. &nbsp;They caught lots of pouting/whiting after dark. &nbsp;In fact I was surprised and impressed by them. &nbsp;

On the one occassion that I did use them (for the novelty value) they definitely outfished &#39;normal&#39; baits - but having said that, I havent tried them again. &nbsp;I don&#39;t think they will catch more/better fish than quality bait - which fortunately I am able to collect myself all year round

One theory that I still have to test is to see how they perform when hooked onto a lure - the theory being they will add scent and extra visual stimulation. &nbsp;Has anyone else tried this ?</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Maybe I need to keep up todate more often rather than constantly fishing but I only found out about these things in the Mag last month and after reading the article I will certainly give them a try or have them in the bait box as an alternative or when I&#39;m scratching or very close to blanking.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I just got a bag of them for asking a question on &#39;Tight Lines&#39; on Sky Sports. Am going wreck fishing from Weymouth at the end of the month and might just try them out then.</font>

G

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Well done Goffy&#33; What was your question??</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (hondy @ Mar. 08 2004,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>Well done Goffy&#33; What was your question??</font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#000000'>I&#39;d seen a video of Steve Souter (who was on the show), baiting lugs by nipping the tail off and then putting them on the hook backwards, and wanted to know if there was a particular reason for doing so.

Apart from a tidier bait for shore casting, he made a very valid point about not leaving anything &#39;dangling around&#39; that fish could nibble on, and cause the rod tip to bounce rather than actually getting a proper bite. As for baiting them up backwards - no particular benefit.</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
<font color='#000000'>HI folks,has anyone fished or heard of any rays being caught on the east coast latley?</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts