World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Bought a packet of Fish N Strips last month after seeing an advert in Sea Angler magazine

£8.99 gives you a packet of green dough like strips which are supposedly crab flavoured. &nbsp;( equiv to approx 100 worms )

Stay on a hook like a dream, an hour per strip at least&#33;

Outcaught my mate about 3 weeks ago with them ( Whiting and flatties seem to really like them )

Anyone else had any luck with this stuff?</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Yep, I have caught fish (whiting and pouting) on them - much to my surprise. &nbsp;It just doesnt seem right to be catching fish on a static piece of yellow stuff.

There can be no arguement, they do catch fish and so can&#39;t be dismissed as a novelty item simply on the market to catch out curious anglers. &nbsp;

My own preference will always be for quality fresh or frozen bait. &nbsp;I do not subscribe to the theory that they are better than natural baits, but they are certainly better than no bait at all, and they do stay on the hook well and last a long time.

I do think they could be very usefull in small sections for tipping off worm baits simply to help bait presentation. &nbsp;Any added attraction from the section of Fish N Strip would be a bonus.

Shame they only come in yellow (there must be a good reason for this ?) I would probably feel happier using them if they were brown coloured.</font>

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>glad its not only me. &nbsp;people think i&#39;m mad when they see me fishing with this stuff.

agree with tipping off, even if it&#39;s only keeping the worm on the hook.

as for colour, a white version is also out now ( same flavour )</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Hello,

I&#39;ve been thinking of geting some fish n strips, even if its to keep in my box for an emergency...you know the times I mean, you had so many bites and caught so many fish your bait ran out &nbsp;
. Does it keep once its been opened?</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Ekyone: Yep, it comes in a re-sealable plastic bag, and as long as you keep each strip dry then it will be as good as new for ages. &nbsp;I have been carrying a packet for emergencies / moments of sheer boredom/curiousity for about a year now. &nbsp;Am going to use them up over the coming weeks catching pouting to use as livebait for congers.

It could be usefull if we were to list on here the species we have caught on the weird stuff.

As I said in an earlier post, i have personally caught whiting and pouting. &nbsp;I have read elsewhere about bass, dab and wrasse, and it would also seem that dogfish do NOT take them, which is a huge bonus where I am.

Once again - not a miracle bait in my opinion, but it certainly catches fish, and could be a usefull alternative if needed.</font>

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>yes, doggies haven&#39;t gone for mine either. &nbsp;I have personally caught several whiting on the green strips and have caught a red gurnot on a white strip quite recently&#33;

They&#39;re definately worth a go when times are difficult&#33;</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Interesting info guys thanks for that I&#39;ll pick up a pack. &nbsp;I&#39;m in South Wales does anyone know any good Marks down here..my local Mark seems to have dried up altogether (Swansea Dock)

I&#39;ll let you guys know what sort of success that I get with them....Thank heavens for the doggies info though they are the local easy catch.

Rukai</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts