World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's taken 30 years but I've finally somehow managed to land my first ever double .So exciting and a little nerve wracking as It decided to head for the snags.
It's captured on film here but as I landed the fish i didn't take any photos as I was trying to release this beautiful fish as soon as I could.
The long walk was worth it in the end and seeing at least one other big fish come up with this one was a great highlight.
I actually stopped fishing afterwards for some reason! Its a bit of a personal video but I hope you don't mind me sharing the experience.
20lb braid, 16lb fluro.
Weighed at just under 12lb, scales were accurate but didn't want to wait too long.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A super fish, video and narration! It brought it all back to me....the concern for getting the fish back alive down to the ridiculous shakes afterwards etc.
A big well done!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you,
A super fish, video and narration! It brought it all back to me....the concern for getting the fish back alive down to the ridiculous shakes afterwards etc.
A big well done!
Thanks very much.... Now the small matter of catching one again! Appreciate. You watching the vid.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, as a complete newcomer to sea fishing and specifically lure fishing for bass, if I need any inspiration I’ll just keep looking at this vide.

Congratulations on a great fish and great video.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Wicked footage mate, some of those surface hits are real heart stoppers, and tithe big fish was a beauty, very nicely conditioned fish, on the first run the sound your reel made ment it was a decent fish, well done, keep the videos coming :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's taken 30 years but I've finally somehow managed to land my first ever double .So exciting and a little nerve wracking as It decided to head for the snags.
It's captured on film here but as I landed the fish i didn't take any photos as I was trying to release this beautiful fish as soon as I could.
The long walk was worth it in the end and seeing at least one other big fish come up with this one was a great highlight.
I actually stopped fishing afterwards for some reason! Its a bit of a personal video but I hope you don't mind me sharing the experience.
20lb braid, 16lb fluro.
Weighed at just under 12lb, scales were accurate but didn't want to wait too long.
Well done mate , superb fish .
Cheers Glenn .

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Absolutely brilliant............remember when I caught my one and only double, once she went back in safely I packed up and went home! Buzzing I was at what had just happened the same as you are now I’m sure.

Well done.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
well i know im going to get it in the ear for this
but it could be dead by now
theres been lots of studies in the us and other places
stating
holding bass up with bogas or scales can be the kiss of death to bass
not supporting the stomach tears the sinues and membranes that holds the internal organs to the spinal colume
they swim off great but die later
this is not having a go at the great fish u caught
its just a warning to us bass boys
what could happen

god id love a double been close mind lols

1 - 20 of 41 Posts