World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish report from Eastbourne Sunday13th
Managed to get out on Katrina yesterday. Wind and sea forecast was not good, so knew we would have a lumpy sea, but predicted NE at least if it blew up too much we could head for some inshore marks.
After about 1 hour of steaming we reached our first wreck, we did have Eels in mind, but the mackerel were scarce, so I put Bream rig down, until Chris, Katrina’s crew member caught some.
Due to weak tide and strong wind,and try again. The new position found Bream almost straight away, but the tide was slackening, as did the Bream bites. As there were only 4 of us fishing, I put the Conger rig down, with a flapper, and after about 15 minutes, I had the tell tale signs of some interest, in the bait. With the boat bouncing around bites were quite difficult to detect, but a steady wind and strike, and a 5 minute tussle landed a estimated 20lb Conger. Followed by a 10lb fish and a Doggy.
Wind over tide now left as well away from the wreck, and a uncomfortable sea we decided to head into the sheltered area near Hastings.
On the way back in we stopped at a mark that looked full of fish, but alas , they were pouting, given firm bites but disappointing fish.
After a couple of drifts, we then went into a rocky area, just off of Bexhill/Eastbourne.
This found fish almost straight away, with a nice 2lb plus Plaice being caught first.
With strong bites hitting us constantly, it certainly made interesting fishing, with Pouting, and Wrasse coming in on a regular basis .Star catch was a Trigger fish of about 2.5 lb.
Total fish count, for the 4 of us. 2 Conger, I Dog, 2 Bream,, 20 plus pout, 1 Gurnard, 1 Plaice, 10 Ballan Wrasse, 1 Triggerfish, 4 Scad
In all not such a bad day, and as they say a bad days fishing , is better than a good day at work.:bye2:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
A mixed bag of species on a day when hardly anybody else ventured out, well done fella, sounds like a reasonable day to me, Rob

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well done mate, not a bad result at all, we braved it on Saturday out of Felixstowe in the N/E's not very comfortable at all.

AL ..

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Good report, a nice mixed bag and a bonus trigger.Glad Roger found you some fish ,did he let you in the cabin or did you take some slippers :laugh:

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts