World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when measuring yor catch to see if you can eat it or not do you measure from tip of nose to tip of tail or tip of nose to v of tail. cos i have always gone to the tip of tail, and what would have happend if i was wrong and got caught:nono:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
If it were that close, I'd be tempted to put it back anyway!
good call. minimum size dosn't mean you gotta take it. i'd prefer to wait til its got some meat on it than take it because its only just insize.

·
Registered
30 Posts
unless its big enought to get a good meal out of it or big enought to get a mention in the local press i catch and release, taking a photo it good enought for me.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
unless its big enought to get a good meal out of it or big enought to get a mention in the local press i catch and release, taking a photo it good enought for me.
Fair point but what constitutes a "good meal"? For example the size limit on Red Mullett is only 15cm, seems tiny but descaled and roast whole with some cherry tomatoes and new potatoes on the side they are absolutely delicious. Very strong flavour too so you wouldn't really want to be eating lots of it as it would get too much...

·
Registered
25,175 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just catch them and let them go no matter what size they are. Then we are all happy. We are happy with catching fish, fish is happy to have a trip to the Pier. We are happy with the look of the fish. Fish is happy with look of us. We are happy to put fish back. Fish is happy to be back. We are happy having after catch ***. Fish is happy to mate with other fish coz it's still alive. We are happy to catch the off-spring of the fish we let back in the sea.

See........ Everyones happy. :roll1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.