World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a mackerel the other day and upon release I noticed it had a bad tooth, should I have removed it before I released it so as it wouldn't have been in pain.

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
I thought the same karl, although im mabie reading it wrong:g::blink:
never heard of fish going to the dentist:bleh:
PS

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
got to be. lol. welcome

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I am being genuine, I know when I have had toothache before it hurt like ****.Thats why I wondered it I would have been best removing its bad tooth to stop any pain

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
As mackeral are cold water fish, you should wrap them in a small surival blanket before returning them so they can increase their body temperature.

I usually find that a small toothbrush is beneficial in my tackle box for situations such as the one you have experienced.

I also tell my mackeral a brief bedtime story helps to assist their return to the briny.

NURSE ! NURSE!
WHERE'S MY TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLETS?

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
nice 1 tickety

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
I would of just removed the head and kept it for bait. couldnt bare to see the poor fishy looking up at me with that bad tooth. jesus its the sort of nightmare that keeps me up all night. welcome to the site.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Atleast they got you all laughing instead of argueing :yeah::yeah::yeah:
agree with you there pal, lol , I always wondered if I should put a bit of TCP on fish after removing hooks and maybe a wee plaster:clap::clap:

·
Registered
461 Posts
you should have drilled the decay and put in a fillin.that way it doesnt swim about like an east coaster

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think this is all very irresponsible, you need to be properly qualified to practise dentistry, not just anyone can do it.:nono: It could be life threatening to the fish and as for fillings; what type? did anyone even consider the fish and think of asking "would you like a crown"? for example and what about hygene?, really guys come on, a wee bit of common sense please.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts