World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok lads,

is there anyone that is up for the challenge?? i will be fishing the east arm with Bally and Andy Atkins. is anyone else thinking on fishing the marina??

Jamie

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont start....

its on friday 6pm till 3am

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt know it was such a big deal!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not a big deal
Just the fun of not knowing where teams are till the last moment
Also prevents Antis knowing where you are

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok.... lol

i will keep it secret next time...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha lol, i know 3am is abit long!

depending on when your thinking of going, i may just go to shoreham arm and stay the whole night.... make it an adventure!!! (or not!!! lol)

Jamie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow, cant say where you going to fish! Is this secrecy thing a little joke? - i might go to a rock pool in my garden

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wow, cant say where you going to fish! Is this secrecy thing a little joke? - i might go to a rock pool in my garden
No it was intended for your protection
but if you want everyone to know what your are doing so be it, just dont let on about other teams locations

·
Registered
983 Posts
thats cool, i was only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm can i ask what do these anti's actually do?
KCI

The reason we keep it quiet until the evening is purely as a safety thing for anglers involved.

Unfortunately it is not only anglers that monitor this site.

Have a good one, I am fishing Adur Rec.

G

·
Registered
38 Posts
KCI

The reason we keep it quiet until the evening is purely as a safety thing for anglers involved.

Unfortunately it is not only anglers that monitor this site.

Have a good one, I am fishing Adur Rec.

G
What a good idea in that case I will fish the local fish shop (hopefully might get some chips to!!!)

:giveup: :clap2: :giveup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What a good idea in that case I will fish the local fish shop (hopefully might get some chips to!!!)

:giveup: :clap2: :giveup:
nice one sabbath

and i will be controlling all this from a bunker in Siberia :sneaky2:

In all honesty tho this secrecy thing is done for a couple of reasons ....first and foremost it is for anglers safety not just antis but also any others that might be lurking around (drug addicts burglars etc maybe looking to make a quick bob or two) far fetched it may seem OTT it might be but i only want to report good stuff not bad. In particular there are younger and slightly more naive anglers amongst us including Jamie who need this extra protection, street cred he may have, invincibility, blessed with, but a scar whether physical or mental is for life. so this is one of the reasons i try to keep things as tight lipped as possible through pm and also it helps me team everyone up for safety if they prefer. this is not an enforced rule but something maybe just maybe worth considering.and as i always stress, i only reveal your location with your permission.

Other reasons for not being to obvious to begin with about your locations is that it does add a little spice to the evening and keeps people guessing until they maybe do find out venues,but if guys want to divulge themselves where they are fishing i have absolutely no problem with this you are free to fish wherever you like, it is your evening out angling with just a few nagging phone calls from an old fart sitting in the warm with a large glass of noggin.But consider this that small contribution from you all makes for a thousand hits on the web site and a few pennies for a deserving charity.

Only other reason for keeping things a little secret is that it helps me coordinate the guys i.e. one guy has already kindly offered to fish a certain location and it would be useful (maybe) to them that others will be arriving during the evening don't know why just seems sensible:unsure:

Thats it really, worth some consideration i hope BUT most of all i would like all the anglers taking part on Friday night(and there are dozens of you) to enjoy themselves and catch.....

mike

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
i might be or might not be a tescos fish counter, i'll also have a float out at mcdonalds fillet-o-fish grill.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
haha lol, i know 3am is abit long!

depending on when your thinking of going, i may just go to shoreham arm and stay the whole night.... make it an adventure!!! (or not!!! lol)

Jamie
Dont worry Jamie, I will be down there doing my thing, so I can save you from the alcoholics and drug abusers. Anyhow, enough about the marina wardens.......:unsure:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts