World Sea Fishing Forums banner

fishbits has only gone and done it too!!!!

815 views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  mark stephen reed 
#1 ·
yes thats right peeps.....

i went out fishing with y phrunts, queerqueg, and happysnapper on tuesday and i caught a bass!!!!!

how i managed this i dont know but it couldnt have been a fluke as queerqueg fished last night and when i heard last he had landed two....

anyhow.....we fished a nice local beach known to local people, with sandeel for bait, and gingas for magic....pants was doing pics and videos, father was being himself and adam and i were dry humping...as allways...

we fished two hours to low then an hour back up....lots of weed and a nice 2lb bass for me....adam fished thursday with lug and had more success....i know that there were two bass from there the day before at 4lb and another at 6lb...

looks like things are on the up again....

a couple of pics

y phrunts has some videos of us attempting chubby bunnys and some other activities......

top night with top company..

cheers:love:

See less See more
#2 ·
Well done peeps,first picture??,why are you always behind fb??.lol:love:.lol.Only joking m8.

#9 ·
Well done Barry must of been the gingerbread magic ,wish i was there looks like a laugh ,mate of mine drove down there yesterday and could have gone but cant cos out on boat tomorow ,
Nice one Barry adam and Jools, know exactly where you are but will keep it secret squirrel

#10 ·
forgot to say he went back to get caught in a net....:doh:
Cheers mate:1a: Welldone on the bass,you deserve it for the effort you put in!!!!:1a:

G
#14 ·
It was a great night! I didn't even take my gear, so sure was I of success!

I often watch other people's style of fishing, to see if I can learn something (or avoid other things!), and I was greatly amused to see that whilst the two younger lads dressaged each other on the beach, Happysnapper quietly and calmly awaited his first catch, which was indeed a monster!

Clicky piccy to see:

Once again, I got very, very annoyed at the dog walkers who randomly wandered the beach, allowing their Evil Canines to wee on Fishbits' beach shelter and IN Queerqueg's bag (that'll learn you to keep your flaps shut). I was also amused at the 5 minute wait the woman with the many children had in order to start chatting up Queerqueg, when she could have had both a father and son at the same time. Plus she already had a fella, who was standing some way off looking very annoyed. Some people are very picky...

But I suppose a man with line like this is irresistable:

I even found myself holding his rod on a couple of occasions!

Not to be outdone, Fishbits first gambolled round me in circles like a big daft puppydog, trying to make me dizzy but only succeeding in making himself dizzy:

then wiggled with Queerqueg...

...who, quite frankly, had been asking for it...

...and made all the more disturbing when we discovered he had a hole in his waders...

...and then finished off by trying to get his waders off (and I believe we discovered the reason for his nasty blanking habit - YOU HAVE TO CAST OUT!!!):

Clicky piccy:

Wrong. SO Wrong.

Happysnapper beat a hasty retreat (you have a lot to answer for!), and we were left to our own devices. And, you know, rods. Not that I had one with me. I was content to hold everyone else's.

Although Queerqueg was getting bites all night (not just from non-local women with glaring husbands and a million kids), and Fishbits was trying to sort his tackle out, I introduced them to the game of Chubby Bunnies. The idea is to fit as many marshmallows in your mouth as possible, and still be able to say "Chubby Bunnies" clearly. If you let any drop out, or splutter, or in any way swallow, mumble or choke, you LOSE. the winner is the one who has the most in their mouth and is the only one left saying it clearly.

So, who do you reckon has the biggest gob between Queerqueg and Fishbits?

Clicky piccy to find out:

After that sweet interlude, Fishbits, still in wrongful possession of my Ginga Magic wot he stole off me, caught a bass!

He was very, very grumpy to find it wasn't a tiny one, as you can see:

It weighed 2lbs, and wanted to play Chubby Bunnies, but Fishbits threw it back so it could make lots of little baby bass for next year.

Thanks for a FAB time and letting me tag along, guys. It's brilliant to spend time and giggles with you. I laughed a LOT and had plenty of opportunity to sing my fishing song (Dinky dinky dinky dinky, dinky dinky dink...), and I was overjoyed to hear Queerqueg singing his own song (Rinky dinky dinky dinky, rinky dinky dink...), and more than a little amused to hear Fishbit's song (Winky winky winky winky, winky winky wink...) :group:

Perhaps I shall catch you a delicious bass myself at the end of the month...

#18 ·
Was an excellent night. Fished it thurs night with a full moon and no surf, no milf there but did manage a 2lb (might have been the same one as Barry's) bass and a schoolie.

Considering the conditions it wasn't bad, no ray though. Sadly had to take the bass home. would have released it but swallowed 5/0 hook right down and was in mess. Reckon i'll try it again when the surf kicks up a bit.

Will post pics later.

Barry your wrong see the mess you made on my trousers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.