World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had already ordered my bait before i realised how terrible the weather was gonna be this weekend, so decided to fish budleigh up the river mouth end of the beach where there's a steeper slope in the hope it would have helped keep my line up out of the breakers,

Got to the beach at around 2.30pm and the sea was monstrous! set my tent up and cast out one rod with lugworm, because of the strong onshore wind i could only get it around 40 yards out but still managed to hold the bottom fine with 6oz grippers.
fished with one rod until around 5pm when the wind dropped so i grabbed the opportunity to blast out a whole squid.
Caught a couple rockling once it got dark, on two occasions i felt weight on the rod when reeling in but each time it went as soon as the rig came through the breakers, so i reckon it could have been dogfish.

There wasn't much weed about in the water and the fishing was actually quite pleasant whilst in my tent between rain showers haha

also there was one of them black diving ducks catching fish in really close right where the waves were breaking so i thought if he has the balls to be in there feeding then my old mate Mr bass should be too! but obviously not :(

the last photo shows how close the duck was !

Beach Sea Coast Shore Sand
Fish Trout Fish Oncorhynchus Salmon-like fish
Pebble Gravel Rock Organism Amphibian
Sky Sea Wave Shore Horizon
Sea Wave Wind wave Ocean Sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fair play to u getting out in that harsh weather. Had a few rockling myself at budleigh on the last month or so. I think the bass are there, had a few huge knocks and struck into nothing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.