World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Went out of Portland the other day with another fellow angler, both fishing for bream and we both got boarded by a fisheries patrol boat.

Both boats checked for illegal bass, coolboxes checked, they even had the floors up on ours, thankfully we were both sticking to the rules and had no bass on board the boats.

So be warned all weymouth and Portland boats the fisheries patrol boats are out there and are enforcing the rules, and before someone says, “ I will out run them” you won’t unless you can do 40 plus knots yes 40 plus...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gents,

Went out of Portland the other day with another fellow angler, both fishing for bream and we both got boarded by a fisheries patrol boat.

Both boats checked for illegal bass, coolboxes checked, they even had the floors up on ours, thankfully we were both sticking to the rules and had no bass on board the boats.

So be warned all weymouth and Portland boats the fisheries patrol boats are out there and are enforcing the rules, and before someone says, “ I will out run them” you won’t unless you can do 40 plus knots yes 40 plus...
you can catch one aday each mow

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Until end of the year all are allowed one legal size bass a day !! Started 1st October .

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I would like to think they are just as ruthless with the Commercial boys, but I think the pleasure angler is an easier target :(

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Even in the more remote areas of the UK where there's a lot less boats they have a presence, so not worth trying to 'get away with it' wherever you are.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
:) 1 fish per day for anglers, tons of "bycatch" for the commercials. :(
Agree with Neil, it's your fault Norm :whistling::whistling:

Now we've sorted out who is to blame we need to work out a way of hiding those illegal fish :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
The "Eat Pho Bournemouth" fiasco went very quiet, pity they couldn't have boarded their boat while they had all the illegal undersized bass in their possession.!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts