World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided it was time i educated my son in the art of fishing. went to the harbour at south q'ferry. he had bites first two casts, but nothing came of them. next cast, a good bite, and to my utter amazement he winds in a bass of 1 1/2 lb. i have fished here for nearly 30 years and never seen or heard of a bass from the harbour. then to rub it in he pulls in another 20 mins later! he also caught 3 blennies and had lots of bites. you see it all! baz.

·
Registered
44 Posts
baz67 said:
decided it was time i educated my son in the art of fishing. went to the harbour at south q'ferry. he had bites first two casts, but nothing came of them. next cast, a good bite, and to my utter amazement he winds in a bass of 1 1/2 lb. i have fished here for nearly 30 years and never seen or heard of a bass from the harbour. then to rub it in he pulls in another 20 mins later! he also caught 3 blennies and had lots of bites. you see it all! baz.
nice one baz,beginners luck huh? :)
same here when i took the wee fella for a cast at kincardine bridge, did he not pull in a 1.5lb codling on his first cast, several eels followed, then a few pollock, he then got bored,sat in the car playing his game boy. :(

ive fished south queensferry harbour for a bit too over the last couple of years, never heard of a bass being caught there,had cod,ling,pollack,flounder and coalies
though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts