World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set off from Stockport at 8.30 and planed to fish Llandwyn beach.
Stopped at ABC to get some bait then off I went, got told that some nets on the beach I would be better nearer the Island..............thought of the walk and the time available so decided on elsewhere. Went down to Barras and fished but conditions windy and holding bottom a struggle, just a whiting so off I went.
Decided on the small bay after Cable Bay but as expected even more wind, so a cup a tea and 2pm showing on the egg boiler. Thought get back on the mainland on the way home and fished North Shore 1 hour either side of high water, as the sun was nearly gone behind the hills and time showing 5.45pm thought give it another half hour..........made a another brew and........on time a bite, reeled in and a dogfish............drank the cuppa, packed up.........and back on the road to home.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Set off from Stockport at 8.30 and planed to fish Llandwyn beach.
Stopped at ABC to get some bait then off I went, got told that some nets on the beach I would be better nearer the Island..............thought of the walk and the time available so decided on elsewhere. Went down to Barras and fished but conditions windy and holding bottom a struggle, just a whiting so off I went.
Decided on the small bay after Cable Bay but as expected even more wind, so a cup a tea and 2pm showing on the egg boiler. Thought get back on the mainland on the way home and fished North Shore 1 hour either side of high water, as the sun was nearly gone behind the hills and time showing 5.45pm thought give it another half hour..........made a another brew and........on time a bite, reeled in and a dogfish............drank the cuppa, packed up.........and back on the road to home.
Hi Coastman,
Blanking while fishing is one thing on the WSF replys another, have a drink on me mate..................OK Cheers................Fully sane Coastman:roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
you should have gone to llanddwyn bass there, who told you not to? naughty that, everyone knows that the bass been there for a couple of weeks. i havn't been myself yet as cant be doing with the walk

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you should have gone to llanddwyn bass there, who told you not to? naughty that, everyone knows that the bass been there for a couple of weeks. i havn't been myself yet as cant be doing with the walk
Chiefbeef,
Was told that nets were facing the car park and to the left, so was told to go up near the island. Did not have much time and the time to walk thought go to Barras. Cheers for the reply. Coastman:)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:g: where is llanddwyn never heard of there before?:wallbash: :oops:
Ragcaster,
Llandwyn is the beach at Newborough. Go onto the Island A55 and come off at the first exit, go left to the west of the island about a 15 minute drive.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
You certainly got around and didn't blank! Perhaps you should have walked to the right out of the carpark at Llanddwyn. About 400yds you can cast out at highish water into a gully which has crab and mussels, sort of in the start of the angle between the island and the beach. Those nets are a nuisance particularly as they are probably unlicenced. Locals are allowed to place unlicenced nets until April it seems.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
You certainly got around and didn't blank! Perhaps you should have walked to the right out of the carpark at Llanddwyn. About 400yds you can cast out at highish water into a gully which has crab and mussels, sort of in the start of the angle between the island and the beach. Those nets are a nuisance particularly as they are probably unlicenced. Locals are allowed to place unlicenced nets until April it seems.
not far too drag nets into your car as u going home?sounds like full day coastman.shaggy:)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Swelleyman and Shaggy for the info, certainly slept well when I got home.
Loooking forward to the warmer weather and trying to get some of my 07 target fished..........or any others are more than welcome.:)
Coastman

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ragcaster,
Llandwyn is the beach at Newborough. Go onto the Island A55 and come off at the first exit, go left to the west of the island about a 15 minute drive.
:kissing: thanks for that coastman i will give it a go some time it sounds good:) :clap3: :)
thanks for the reply :notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts