World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went fishing last night and had a severve north easterly howling in my face but managed to find a nice set of rocks to hide behind to get out of the wind, conditions were not favorbable at all for hounds or rays but thought we would give it a crack anyway, just on high water i had huge violent pull down and thought it was differently going to be a hound or a bass but turned out to be this chap, Just went 6 and half pound, it never even crossed my mind whilst reeling in it could be a ray as it fought and was crash diving everywere never had one do that before, and the bite was such a violent take i have found in the past a gentle pull down or breaking of the lead out is the way its gone down, anouther hour and a half past and not much happened then i had a serious of good knocks and one run but skillfully managed to miss all three,(it happens sometimes) so called it a night, all in all with bad wind making distance hard to achieve it had been a good night to see one decent fish

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done mate nice fish of the beach.

·
Registered
340 Posts
well done mate. i think i recognise that spot!! i didnt think fish would wanna play in that weather, perhaps i should have hald out a bit longer on friday?!

G

·
Well done again creedy..

Still a few out there then..

If the weather wasn't so pants we would go and try for one off the beach.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Creedy nice fish mate, shame we didn't get any friday, enjoyed the company though, seeing as there are stingers being caught it might be worth having a go over here on the island, only heard of 2 so far, 1 of 5 and half pound at Eastchurch and the other 35-40lb at Warden. So if you fancy a go let me know, i know jay is up for a go at them.
Trev

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
differently trev well up for it mate just let me no when u and jas think the tides will be good and im there, it was a shame it did not happen friday but come back mate on the next set of decent tides and we will have a few out, plus we can try and make it not 4 in the morning, enjoyed the compony to mate shame about lack of fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts