World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Wexford fishing last weekend and gave the Patchinko a run. I had 1 bang on it but no hook up.
How do people fish this lure? Is it steady walk the dog retrieve or a mix of walk the dog and twitches etc to get the top water boiling?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Colm,

I'm new to this lure, but had three fish on it tonight. I used a fairly steady walk the dog retrieve, with some extra action at times to make it spit a bit. It seems to leave a nice wake which I guess the bass home in on. I am used to various other surface lures (poppers mainly) so this is a bit different. Stick with it though - it works!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Griff, when you say steady retrieve do you mean a slow retrieve and do you pause in the retrieve (like say witha chug bug)?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Griff, when you say steady retrieve do you mean a slow retrieve and do you pause in the retrieve (like say witha chug bug)?
Colm, there's many many on this forum with more experience of this lure than me (these were actually the first three bass I have had on this lure!), but when I say steady, I guess I mean constant rather than lots of pauses. Not fast, not slow but even and rhythmical with some slight variations along the way. I know Padge does say fish them SLOW and I would have to respect his opinion. I believe they are being used to great effect your side of the Irish Sea at present so keep going!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts