World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ian

Some good fishing spots aroun Looe more than could possibly mention, it really depends on what your after.

If you have take the family then I would recommend Hannafore with easy parking, and a good chance of a fish, , this has the advantage of a beach, cafe and most importantly Toilets.
If you drive along the road until you come to a house on the right hand side which has got a old style, wooden ships wheel on the drive gates. STOP ! and fish directly opposite, (20 yards either way no good)
In summer the chanced are you will get Wrasse, and the possibilty of Bass and the odd Pollock.

If you want something a bit more secluded Portnadler bay at the end of Hannafore used to give some excellent Wrasse fishing, with the possibility of Mullet, if your feelin a bit mental :uhuh:

If you want a bit more info send us a pm

Gaz

P.S If you have a trip to Polperro, don't forget to pop into the Blue Peter :notworthy

·
Registered
44 Posts
from previous holidays i've found that if you follow the road on the west side of the river you will go up a bit of a hill and the road bears to the right after this bend you will find an area for afew cars opposite a large hotel there you will find some steps leading down to a coastal path with a small railing if you fish off there using a float and fresh rag worm about 5ft deep you can catch some very nice sized wrasse and pollock! also when on a low tide walk across this fishing ground and spin for bass and pollock waitin for the tidal run up the river. I hope this helps and happy fishing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts