World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Southwesters

I am from South Wales and will be in Newquay for a family holiday end June. I am going to try and get a few days fishing in as well

I would just like any advice on marks/bait/tackle/where to get bait and species available if possible? :confused:

Cheers :D
Barrel

·
Registered
359 Posts
hellow barrelreef
if you gow to the left ov the tawn ul find a big concreat platform nown as the flycelers good selectin ov speces can be had ther u can float fish for macks/gars/skad/polleck
and u can fish strait dawn the side for wrasse/polleck/and mini speces
and u can us atwo or three hook rig at rang over the clean grand wich starts about 5 to 10 m from the rock wall and u can cach all the flattes/gurnard/bass/dogs
one werd ov worning :mad: thers a resident sammy the seal and he nows haw to take fish of the hook on the way in ovan one mack on fethers he will steal the middel one wen u have three or fuor :eek: my dad lost the bigist gare iv ever seen tho sammy and weav had them upto 2lb
hope that helps
tight lines :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Barrel, Atlantic Angling in the town opposite Burger King sell tackle, bait etc. There are countless marks either side of Newquay. One of the most popular is the Headland. Most species have been caught here at one time or another. If your after bass of the beach you could try Holywell Bay, Crantock or Fistral. Crab, lug or ragworm probably your best bet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Be careful if fishing fistrall beach, cant fish there during the day, unless you want to catch yourself a beach bum surfer boy. :rolleyes:

The place is crawling with idiots in wet suits :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts