World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Managed to get a few days fishing in this weekend with a trip to Ullapool, well Achiltibuie to be precise. Cant wait!!!

Please could any of you give me some guidance on species, baits, and even maybe a few marks worth looking at ??

Planning on bringing the beachcasters, light bass rod and even the spinning gear.

also if anyone knows of a good tackle/bait shop anywhere close that would be great too, i'll be driving from inverness...

cheers

tom:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
type in achiltibuie into the search on wsf will give you plenty info,take plenty of bait as theres big crabs and lots of them,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks euan, some good threads there..

iv not spun with eels before, are there any particular ones i should look for in the shops, also any tips on how to rig them would be great,

are the ullapool tackle shops the best bet for bait ?

thanks in advance

G

·
0 Posts
thanks euan, some good threads there..

iv not spun with eels before, are there any particular ones i should look for in the shops, also any tips on how to rig them would be great,

are the ullapool tackle shops the best bet for bait ?

thanks in advance
Best take your bait with you hit Tesco's Inverness for fresh bait m8. Plenty of fresh mussels off the rocks on the marks, get some mackeral from tesco's. There is a beach at the back of a caravan site about 2miles before you hit Auchiltiebuie looks good for flatties etc although never fished it, intend to next month. Have a good one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try the light house area.Seen people fishing in summer.Looks good for pollack .Best to get tackle and bait in Inverness.Tourist prices in Ullapool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts