World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going down to Amroth for a week on Friday, can anyone offer advice on bait or best time of tide?Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
a guy told me to fish from low tide up where theres a small river at the end of amroth (opposite the pub and chalet's) needless to say i blanked

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Amroth is ok, but you just cant go & belt it out & hope to catch something! Night tides are best, daytime is crap except in winter when the whiting are about (even then dark is best)!
Low tide plus 2/3 hrs up will produce flounders, High water (when the tide reaches the pebbles) give dogs, dogs, dogs. Best time I find is from HW down to about 3hrs after the top, but again, IT NEEDS TO BE IN THE DARK!
Otherwise try Laugharne just down the road, up past the boathouse to the pool where the fallen tree is, good tides this weekend (small) fish from low water (or an hour after low water) up to the top.
Use "Maddies" if you can get them, or small king rag, plenty of flourescent yellow beads above the hook on a 2/3 hook paternoster.
I'm not sure what time the last bus runs from Laugharne to Amroth? I think thats the only information I have left out! tight lines!
blueskip

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey blueskip i wasnt refering to you when i said some bloke told me where to fish etc. i meant a guy when i was down there. i shoulda taken your advice haha. hope you didnt get the wrong end of the stick

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Ripper, Dim problem mate I never thought for a minute that you were talking about me!
I love Amroth in the winter, I have had some great nights down there with the Tilley hissing & the "dewdrop" on the end of my nose freezing solid.
Rod bouncing as whiting & dabs shake the hell out it, then when the tide runs back from the pebbles at 0200, driving back to Swansea with the heater on, trying to stay awake!
Then its up again at 0630 again for work, this year though there is no more getting up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! viva la 65!!!
blueskip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts