World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi going on holiday to Thorpe Park, 2nd week in July just wondering is it worth while bringing a beech caster? What am i likely to catch? What bait/riggs do i use? Any marks would be usefull, as i've never fished this area before. Any information would be more than welcome, or pm would be fine. :secret:

Also i do a bit of boat fishing, can someone recommend a good charter boat, as it's a bit to far to tow my boat from Scotland. Thanks in advance :) :boat:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
hello mate. plenty of fishing to be had in cleethorpes area. main species will be flounder eels and schoolie bass. two or three hook flapper baited with lug,rag,or peeler crab. try putting your post on east coast forum. should get all the info you need. good charter boat is "predator" have not got phone number but someone will have. enjoy " sunny cleethorpes " trev

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi i stayed at thorpe park a couple of years back when workin down there ,there is great fishing to be done just off the park on the beach as humerstone creek runs along the beach you can fish on all day long high or low and any time of the day it is full of flounder and the odd bass turns up ,you only need to cast 50-100 foot out and you will be in creek,also be very careful as the creek can be very dangerous as the signs on the beach will tell,ragworm and macky were getting used when i was there on 3hook flappers i imagine any bait would do there are tackle shops in cleethorpes and grimsby that will supply fresh bait or tesco etc,hope this was of some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts