World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sent team down to dartford to fish boat comp, 66 anglers 960 fish caught and all returned.danthefisherman got a cup for a 31in garfish,biggest was pollock 8lb. good people down there,good weather.good 3 days away.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
sent team down to dartford to fish boat comp, 66 anglers 960 fish caught and all returned.danthefisherman got a cup for a 31in garfish,biggest was pollock 8lb. good people down there,good weather.good 3 days away.
Well done, and that is a cracker of a gar. Reading your report makes me jealous as I'm having to give Devon a miss this year, but will booking for next year soon. No shortage of first class charter boats down there, and the fishing can be superb.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Well done, and that is a cracker of a gar. Reading your report makes me jealous as I'm having to give Devon a miss this year, but will booking for next year soon. No shortage of first class charter boats down there, and the fishing can be superb.

Hiya, A few of us on here, booked Flamer3 out of Weymouth, for a 5 day trip to Dartmouth....but, the weather was going to let us get there...but not return, so we just "messed" about in the Solent...what a week we had.

The boat is a dream, warm, fast and stable, with state of the art electronics....:)

Colin Penny is one of the best skips I have had the pleasure to crew for...and the species we caught were many, loads of new ones, and new PB's too.....
:):)

Davy had a belter of a gar too, but had to fight a seagull for it .....

Some great food establishments in Weymouth too...MacGuires for Cod or Haddock and chips...Hmmmmmm...:)
Dont touch the Skate and chips...Yeugh !!!!!very much an acquired (sp) taste...I only ordered it to wind up Davy Holt....wont do that again...:)

Theres a sooperb Chinese too

We were all knackered after the trip, so much so, that on the Friday with a full blown Disco going on downstairs in the sailors return...the last guy in his pit , was there for 9pm...I was first at 7PM...:):)

I would go back tomorrow, but next year, I think its Clew Bay and Mary, whosshername :):)

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
yep Norrie - nothing like a trip away !!!!
Glad Dartmouth went well for you guys !!!! :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hi Boats i can remember are Anglo Dawn . Samuel Irvin .Outlaw .Charlotte Louise .Our joe-L
Wondered where all the boats came from to accomodate 66 anglers out of Dartmouth, see they recruited a couple from Paignton, the Charlotte Louise which I think was the old Our Jo L, a Husky 33, and Simon's new Our Jo L a Offshore 105, excellent angling platforms.
Would probably have one or two of the Brixham charter craft also.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Think they had some from Plymouth and Weymouth there was 8 boats weather was fantastic stayed in chalets £10 per head per night the site was called Norton Park Tight Lines

·
Registered
65 Posts

Overall fishing was quite poor tho, i never heard anyone saying they cant wait to go back....i had the 2 heaviest fish on my boat...and they were both pollack, one was 22' long other was 19' (Dono weight) the rest of the fish were small pout or whiting, most of which were U/S, but still gained points for the angler.

Rab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts