World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and wondered if anyone could give me some advise on fishing marks at the Maidens Larne?
My mate and I have had some luck at the old island for cod to 4 pounds and ling to 5 pounds but last 2 times has been quite poor with only pollack and coalies to about 1-2 pounds.
Does the state of the tide have much effect on catches?
We have had our success with baited hokkais, any suggestions on other tactics or other marks to fish?
We are presently in Bangor marina so any good marks between here and Larne? The Gobbins seems only good for mackeral, small pollack and the odd small gurnard.
I used to fish in Larne lough about 10 years ago and had good catches of thornbacks up to 15 pounds, tying to green markers and fishing flowing traces, is the fishing still good there?
I would appreciate any advise anyone could give me!!!
Many thanks
Brookside

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
hey brooky,dean here, what you wonna do is get hold of some peeler crab mate some big king rag from kinnegar make up some pennel rigs then up tide in larne up where we used to fish with hammish,youll end up with some nice ray,i also remember someone over there caught bass in there as well but dont quote me on that,you should also try really big baits around the maidens will throw up some decent fish,long flowing trace with half macky.good luck sure you and snaps will get it sorted cause i want some big fish when i come over,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts