World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys 4 of us have booked a trip to baltimore west cork in ireland on july 5 to the 12th never fish ireland before, we are also going to book 2 day wrecking if the weather is half about anyone else fished this area any tips would be great
we fancy wrasse , pollock ,bass fishing but anything will do...we are staying rolfs holiday cottages i think its next to the harbour cant wait

any tips welcome
thanks in advance :)

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I've seen the cottages - they're pretty and easy walking distance from the harbour.

Who's the wrecking with - is it Red Rooster (Nick Dent) ?

If with someone else, be sure to confirm you have a booking : the number of charter boats working out of Baltimore seems to go up & down a bit

They have a boat fishing festival towards the end of August and the organiser(s) may well be able to provide much more info about boat fishing. But mainly about ground fishing (as opposed to wrecking)
The 41st annual Baltimore Deep Sea Angling Festival takes place on
Thursday 23rd–Sunday 26th August 2007
----I expect the Algiers Inn (or the skipper you've already booked)can tell you who the organiser is----

Take Mullet gear - there are some good shoals up the creeks ("inland" from the harbour). Unfortunately , although those creeks look very "flatfishy" I think the local seals have eaten all of them.

More about shore fishing later.

Baltimore (just above the harbour) is a very nice place to relax & chill-out in the evening, especially if the weather is warm (or mild) and sunny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts