World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to sea fishing and I was hoping if someone could recommend where to fish near the Cardiff area? Im thinking of going to Penarth or Barry. Also what baits should I use and is it best to fish the high or low tides? Apologies if these are stupid questions!

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
WELCOME DAVE M8/ they r not stupid questions so ask away. cardiff fishing is best in my opinion done down cardiff foreshore , thats rover way tremorfa. thats at bottom of rover way till u come 2 the security hut, and if u dont no how 2 get 2 the beach ask some 1. or i will tell u if u post here again. penarth u can fish on the sea front. anywhere there but not the pier if u r new to this sea fishing, there r many reasons why u shouldnt use the pier, it gets packed for 1. u want somwhere quiet 2 start off with get some confidence, barry u can fish barry island beach or anywhere on the rocks there, bait. go and buy some ragworm or lugworm, a box squid, and if u want some whiting bites take a mackerel with u.where r u comin from. where u live i mean.and we can take it from there. if u need anymore help we will all help u on here. we r family, and has any of my family got a bloody good hangover cure my heads bursting....bugger....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated poacher!

I actually live in Swansea but I am visiting a mate in Cardiff today. We are having a casting competition - the first cast over 10 metres wins!

Cheers for your advice. I will let you know how we get on!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Cold Knap is a good fishing mark i have heard, even though i have not been myself, aswell as the waterfront in the evening.

Friars point is a good high and low water mark, rhoose is also good, rhoose point.

Aberthaw is a very good cod mark in thewinter and for bass in the summer

·
Registered
311 Posts
poacher said:
WELCOME DAVE M8/ they r not stupid questions so ask away. cardiff fishing is best in my opinion done down cardiff foreshore , thats rover way tremorfa. thats at bottom of rover way till u come 2 the security hut, and if u dont no how 2 get 2 the beach ask some 1. or i will tell u if u post here again. penarth u can fish on the sea front. anywhere there but not the pier if u r new to this sea fishing, there r many reasons why u shouldnt use the pier, it gets packed for 1. u want somwhere quiet 2 start off with get some confidence, barry u can fish barry island beach or anywhere on the rocks there, bait. go and buy some ragworm or lugworm, a box squid, and if u want some whiting bites take a mackerel with u.where r u comin from. where u live i mean.and we can take it from there. if u need anymore help we will all help u on here. we r family, and has any of my family got a bloody good hangover cure my heads bursting....bugger....

oxygen, visit someone in hospital and take a few deep breaths of oxy. thats what my pilot mates and cabin crew do before flying.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Careful Poacher! too much of that there orange juice will give u an arse like a blood orange core! I know, somebody recommended it to me! It cured my hangover alright, but the bottom fell out of my world in the process, if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went down to Barry island yesterday. I was quite happy that I could cast about 30 metres - A lot more improvement needed I think. Does anyone know any websites or links to casting techniques?
Anyway, didnt even get a bite - although some guy fishing close to us was dissapointed that he'd only caught 4 whitings in 4 casts. Nevermind -I'll try again!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Dave Go 2 A Rugby Field With Just A Weight On And Try That, Keep It Up U Will Soon B Getin Out Where U Want 2. But It Doesnt Come Overnite.my M8 Started Fishin 3 Wks Ago, He Could Go 15 To20 Yds. With A Bit Of Help He Now Does 60 To 70 N0 Probs M8.. Try That Rugby Field..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts