World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I’m going to the canary islands from the 28th September to 7th October. I have not booked tickets yet, and I was wondering if any of you have any tips on where the best place to fish from the beach/rocks is?

If you have a tip for other places in Spain than the canary islands, I would be glad to hear about it and I would maybe reconsider.

I am new at surffishing so any tips about how to fish would be much appreciated. I plan on fishing from the beach/rocks for any fish that will bite, and shark aswell.

Thanks for your attention, with regards
Christoffer

·
Registered
557 Posts
There are more fishing spots in Fuerteventura. It took me 5 years before I started catching dissent size fish, though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hi vlad used to fish Lanzarote a lot mostly from pdc harbour wall but it gets very crowded now adays plenty of fish about but you needed to be there at silly oclock to get a spot weather its down to sites like this I don't know but its even worse down at playa blanca people being threatened by the locals for fishing the going spots started going to furt about 3 years ago aram very helpful but points people to the same few spots [you never see him fishing these spots]so have started to branch out and find spots for myself found some nice deep bits but have not caught anything yet last time I was there the islands were swamped with billions of anchovies and nothing was being caught the fish were well offshore going back to calleta in nov for 2 weeks have a car so will be doing some nosing about hope it doesn't take me 5 years to find spots though lol

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ok, let me give you the facts from someone who has fished Lanzarote at least 5 days a week for the last 5 years on the south and west coast marks.
I won't comment on the east side as I don't fish there.
West and south coast have one or two marks that get very popular especially the west coast at the abandoned hotel in October November when we get a run of Dorado.
One particular mark which is said to be the only place on the island where you'll catch Dorado (not true we've had them from other marks) has a fishing platform approximately 50yds long and it gets packed, this is the mark that on two occasions last year that tourist anglers have been threatened by one or two individuals.
Personally I have only been told on one occasion to go by a local guy who was getting quite irate, when I said no F...O.. and took some video and pictures his attitude changed, to the point that he actually offered my mate his spare rod when his broke. Wtf!
It's a long coastline with plenty of room and hundreds of marks that can fish well at times but mostly it doesn't (Lanza is a fickle ol' mistress in this regard) you could quite easily blank during a one or two week holiday as many have.
If your thinking of coming to Lanza don't be put off by comments of fishing shoulder to shoulder it just doesn't happen unless your with your own group of friends as happens to me on occasion but even that is rare.
Most days I fish I have the place to myself and even on weekends it would be very busy if I had spotted 10 anglers on a 5km section of coast that I usually fish.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
hi vlad used to fish Lanzarote a lot mostly from pdc harbour wall but it gets very crowded now adays plenty of fish about but you needed to be there at silly oclock to get a spot weather its down to sites like this I don't know but its even worse down at playa blanca people being threatened by the locals for fishing the going spots started going to furt about 3 years ago aram very helpful but points people to the same few spots [you never see him fishing these spots]so have started to branch out and find spots for myself found some nice deep bits but have not caught anything yet last time I was there the islands were swamped with billions of anchovies and nothing was being caught the fish were well offshore going back to calleta in nov for 2 weeks have a car so will be doing some nosing about hope it doesn't take me 5 years to find spots though lol
Definitely down to sites like this!!! Especially playa Blanca area where the wonna be guides don’t understand that there treading on the locals feet by inviting peeps from all over the world to come and fish, don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking WSF I just think it wouldn’t be a bad thing to respect the locals and there marks when fishing in there country?

·
Registered
145 Posts
the deeper water at pdc harbour has room for about 4/5 people at best so when I turn up at first light and there are 7/8 anglers there I go elsewhere my comment about playa blanca are based solely on what keeps being posted on here and that is shoulder to shoulder fishing and some threats being made to tourist anglers if anybody doubts what has been posted then go back and read past posts your right its a long coast with plenty of spots to find that is why I have gone over to furteventura and hire a car to go exploring my last conversation with aram he told me he was no longer interested in fishing for bluefish bonito or barras and that he wanted a challenge in catching spotted bass and dorado and other less common fish the point I was trying to make was that you never see him fishing the popular spots and with his knowledge of the island he will be fishing better less popular spots hope this has cleared a few things up

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
never been to playa blanca to fish pete only read about it on here most of it good but some of it no so good
Fishing can be good but if you’ve got a hire car make sure the tyers are insured, as there have been threats of tyer slashing, especially at some west coast marks:eek:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ah right ok fair enough fishy so your comments about Playa Blanca and the west coast were based on what you've read and not personal experience.
I understand, but the thing is you shouldn't believe everything you read.
Look and take heed from the peeps who live and fish here also post from the guys n gals who've come over and enjoyed their time here without any incidents.
Some posts from certain peeps may have an underlying malevolent agenda behind it something that's been going on for the last year or so over on the Lanzarote thread.
Personally I try not to answer such posts directly but prefer to treat them with the contempt they deserve.
But enough already, I'm going off on one so I'll stop before I'll say some stuff I may, or then again may not regret later.

Here's a typical day for me on the rocks taken this morning.

It's like this during weekdays but may get up to 10 anglers spread out along this 3km stretch which is just one small section of the west coast.
There's no shoulder to shoulder fishing, no treading on locals feet, no invites going out to the world to come and fish Lanza, no wannabe guides just a few guys who charge f*** all for they're efforts but like to meet up with like minded peeps share information, learn new techniques and make friendships.
For me personally it's not just about catching fish if that were the case I'd be a loaner and never share anything with anyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts