World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and relatively new to fishing. I’m planning on fishing Clevedon pier tomorrow but I’ve just been told this is shut to non members due to covid. Does anyone know anywhere nearby? I’m working here so not local and will be fishing with an experienced fishermen who is also not local. Thinking maybe Portishead pier or slipway?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I live in Clevedon mate, but have never fished the pier.

Neap tides right now so the usual high tide marks like Kingston won't be fishable, there is one Mark nearby but it's not suitable for two people.
So either take a walk along Layde bay and find a route down to the rocks to fish over low which on bigger tides gives away to sand, or head to portishead and look at the slipway as you have already mentioned. You can go to the left of the slip way maybe 100 yards, but it's muddy and you need to be careful. Safe bet is to stick to the concrete slipway itself.

The portishead steamer pier floods on 12.3m from memory. So this weekends highs are going to be a couple metre drop to the water at high tide, if you're happy to winch up fish, or walk around to the lifeboat launch ramp for a big fish it might be ok. Tbh I always found that mark a waste of time. You will need the code for the gate as well. Speak to Steve, Terry or Steve Ace (now that veals has closed) in Reel fun fishing for the code.

You also have battery point which can be fished over high, neap tides suit it apparently as the tidal flow isn't so savage. But I've never fished it. It's a famous mark though for big cod etc in season.

Good luck wherever you end up mate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts