World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing CV
Hi. My name is Malcolm Felgate. I am 66 years old and currently live in Cape Town South Africa. My fishing experience goes back 60 years when I first caught sticklebacks with a piece of worm tied to a length of cotton fishing in ***** on the Norfolk Broads. To get a bigger stickleback I had to put a larger segment of worm on the cotton so it just fitted into their greedy mouth! Since then I have fished both fresh water and salt originally in the UK and then world wide. My claims to fame include winning a match in France in 1968 representing a UK Club - one of our first victories against the French! Fishing for Essex County in many local and national matches. Becoming a member of the 100lb club with a Blue Shark off Looe. Becoming a registered Angling guide with the Angling Trust and a Tour Guide in South Africa. Catching a Marlin off Mauritius. Fishing for Western Province in South Africa. Currently holding 2 SA National Records (Red Roman on 2kg line and Yellowtail on 37Kg line). Being chairman of a group to visit Sea Mount Vema (1000Km from Cape Town towards New York) for 10 days in 1988 and catching 5 record fish. Currently both my sons are avid anglers and my youngest is skipper and owner of a commercial Tuna Pole and line fishing boat. We catch Longfin to 30kg and Yellowfin Tuna to over 100Kg as well as lots of different species nearer inshore including Crayfish (in season) and squid (for bait and our own consumption). Well that’s it for now - anyone interested in Fishing in or around Cape Town I can assist. Tight Lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts