World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hellow all ,i have been fishing out from brid for the last four years and enjoyed some excellent sport .over the last two years i have wanted to try my hand at fishing for porbeagles and would like to have a go for them out from brid. i dont no if anybody is fishing for them in that area but no that their are a couple of charterboats fishing for them out of whitby who have had some success. if anybody can help me out with advice or they fancy a trip out on my boat this summer i would be glad to hear from them , it would be an advantage if they had fished for porbeagles befor as i have never fished for them. i am looking forward to any replies as it would be interesting to no if they are being fished for in the bridlington area as the ground around the head seems ideal , lets see.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i fish for them bud id go with you if you like im only from leeds never been out from yorkshre dont think chances would be the best from brid but never know till you try
if you want to talk PM me with your number and ill ring you
mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your reply , off on hol tomorrow for a week so will contact you when i get back and sort somthing out cos the good weathers not far off now hopefully.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that book sounds good will try and order it , thanks for that . i will feel alot more confident if i'm tackling up right.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
kerry

there is no reason why you wont have porgies off bridlington.
fishing off the head may be a little bit close in, but if the weather allows try to run off to around the 10mile +
we had 2 from whitby last year but these were from 20mile+, but they have been caught in the nets a lot closer in, and we have also had fish taken when reeling in on the 5--7 mile areas and they were not seals.
try a day on sea spray or shy torque from whitby to see what is involved before you commit, as they are trying for them again this year.
see www.wcsa.co.uk for boat details

cheers

krysb

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
when we target porgies from whitby, we normally look for the drop offs / rough ground marks, or any where we have had fish taken.
all our fishing is done at anchor in approx 80--90 m as we find you get a better trail going.
you also get to drop normal gear down for the cod and ling
had a few tope last year also

cheers

krysb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts