World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sandeel can be trapped on the beach using a vingler but I was wondering if there is a way to catch the from a boat and what method would I use was thinking of trying to hok the is this possible

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hiro make some sabiki and hockai type lures dont to a size 14 hook I think. The ones on size 10 hooks with the little red tube work for launce round here. Replace the weight on the rig with a heavy metal flashy lure like the largest Dexter wedge

M

·
0 Posts
I know that sandeel can be trapped on the beach using a vingler but I was wondering if there is a way to catch the from a boat and what method would I use was thinking of trying to hok the is this possible
you can buy traces know which are likr maky feathers but a lot smaller andy 2728 bought them i seen them wok mate brill.got to get my self some :clap3:

C

·
0 Posts
The problem is finding the sandeels! I have been trying to find areas that hold them but apart from the odd eel I have never found a good spot for them. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for. The only places I have found them is on a wreck once and the odd launce from the Shambles or Varne Banks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
terry

plenty of launce on the varne, but only certen parts of the bank,
but you will only get them at high or low slack water, use small eel rigs and you wont go wrong, if you pm me i will give you some mumbers for your g p s.

also sandeels at rye and sandeels at newhaven.

sandeels are now showing and will be untill about october.

rgds gary

C

·
0 Posts
terry

plenty of launce on the varne, but only certen parts of the bank,
but you will only get them at high or low slack water, use small eel rigs and you wont go wrong, if you pm me i will give you some mumbers for your g p s.

also sandeels at rye and sandeels at newhaven.

sandeels are now showing and will be untill about october.

rgds gary
Now that the boat is at Newhaven I could do with some marks for the eels. PM me if you prefer:secret: .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I sue bait feathers now and again from the boat, as long as it's not to weedy there great! Although never had sand eel, just schoolies! But only used them a couple of times, but confident they work, if you drop them in the right place...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts