World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty folks,
Got a question that I have struggled to find a definitive answer to.. What methods are used for catching sandeels?
The reason I ask, I have read quite a lot about using live sandeel when float fishing which I am desperate to try, getting hold of the live eel is gonna be my problem! I understand that the small shrimp rigs can be used, is this correct?
Also, finding the eels to catch them is another uncertainty in my mind - from the shore is there any set method for locating them? Many times last year at Loch Fyne we would watch the surface boil with movement from fish, which I presume was mackerel chasing bait fish which may have been eels, would this be the case? And if so, is this where I want to be directing my shrimp rigs at?

Any help would be much appreciated, hope this helps others too, cheers! :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
never had much luck actively trying to catch sandeels from the shore ,caught a few more by luck than design from around furnace on loch fynne , you can actually dig them in some nice clean sand marks , it has to be a very big tide though , i usually catch them off the boat , great pollock bait most of the small feathers sabiki shrimp rigs etc will catch from the boat but you never know in fishin you might just hit the jackpot one day, keep trying, tight lines :clap3: :clap2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts