World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all spending few days s/foot or tenby hoping to catch that first fish as still trying...lol....got me m/home sorted at last ..so tenby hear i come just like to ask any one no any good over night stay's close to the fishing...got a blue badge,for my son who's part disabl'd, also got jenny to run camper if need be and not on site ........any info would be of great help.. some fishin tips be even better..or if your around come see...ps would swansea peir be nearist to get some bait and advise.......thanks in advance.....got to get me a catch list....:fishing:..................................ps takeing beach/spinning/rods maybe fly rod that shuold be fun

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
hi mate, kiln park in tenby/penally would prob be a good bet as for places to stay. as for fishing, when are you coming down? as you said that you are with a disabled person the best bet would propably be tenby harbour. get there about 3 hours before high tide to ensure a spot. feathers will catch you mackerel and the odd gurnard. bottom fishing with mackerel as bait would catch you mackerel, gurnard maybe some small flatties and slight chance of a ray. the south beach in tenby is a godo place for bass at night. a big tide with a low at around 8/9 o clock is good. fish it an hour out then 2 or 3 back in. lugworm, ragworm and peeler crab for bait. use running ledgers with 20lb snood line and 2/0 hooks. dont need to cast far in the night.

hope this helps

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers m8 hopefuly coming down thu or fri morn till sat tea time may not have the littleone he's off with mom up to nan's...(great) so sorted.should be able to fish all day and night with maybe some sleep along the way. are there many tackle/bait shops there or need to get bait on way down thanks again gormo....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks m8 tenby market it is could do with some other bit's of kit .might c u about maybe.all this free time i got should have me self a catch list like yours....lol..well just a few would be good thanks for the info.......ps your site looks good what a great bunch......

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
thanks m8 tenby market it is could do with some other bit's of kit .might c u about maybe.all this free time i got should have me self a catch list like yours....lol..well just a few would be good thanks for the info.......ps your site looks good what a great bunch......
:clap3:tenby harbour is well underestimated,get there early,watch 4 the mullet on way out,pieces of macky get them.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
yes lots of species can be caught of tenby, ask in the market keith will tell you everything you need to know, or sfoot angling on the strand.sfoot harbour will also produce fish in the evenings, but not as many as tenby.
i would come down and fish with you but got exams soon, need to revise,
good luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry m8 me again tenby market do you have street name or location as to find it.save walking round like headless chicken looking like a tourist...lol

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
upper frog street i think. or another way is as you are walking into the town square it is on the right before you get in the square. near W.H Smiths. just look for smiths and its a few shops down

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
by the way, when i tryed to pm you back it said you have chosen not to recieve pms or something like that, anyway you cant recieve pms lol ???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry m8 just workout got buddy list think it's that hopfully sorted thanks m8 got it on local live looks like fab place by battery road! can't find kilnpark on local live..cheers

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
on marsh road mate. near trefloyne lane, its south west of tenby about a mile or two from the town centre. right by south beach so thats a good thing that you can fish by there

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks got it not to far from the action, park the mobile up... up to the tackle shop get some bait game on...what do u think about any plugin /spinning or stick to the b/castin..... got to be worth a go might take a fly rod got it off car boot with reel and box of fly's looks like some sea fly's should be fun not got a clue about fly fishing but got to try spose..thanks

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
could try plugging or fly fishing on the rocks over at giltar (far right of south beach) feathering and spinning off the pier will get you macky. same at bandstand, may get a gurnard or 2 aswell. maybe a bass. bandstand is the best mark around there but is i alittle difficult for kids, should be ok tho, not disabled access tho. have a look on my site for info on bandstand, north beach and south beach

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
could try plugging or fly fishing on the rocks over at giltar (far right of south beach) feathering and spinning off the pier will get you macky. same at bandstand, may get a gurnard or 2 aswell. maybe a bass. bandstand is the best mark around there but is i alittle difficult for kids, should be ok tho, not disabled access tho. have a look on my site for info on bandstand, north beach and south beach
am i right IHW that tenby bandstand is to the right of south beach???
me and my mate had a look there when we were up your way and i recognised it from somewhere........

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
little ones going to nan's with mom so free to roam around. may stay till sunday so should be able to try few places. thanks will have good read on yours for them place's if around pop by..always looking for tip's.cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts