World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and slipster went out for a bash nick was first on the score card with a smut then another of the same size

the bass shoals were everywhere on the surface jumping,most i have seen for a few years all small thou.

We then moved and had the grass is always greener syndrome but caught this doggie with a trace in its mouth and the eggs all stuck on the end.

we then moved back to the long as a boat fat as a man spot but in broad daylight and first fish was a small tope then nick got a conger of 25lb
Then I had a bass on about 4.5lb got it in and it fell of right next to the boat :-[ Then nick had another eel about 20lb..
We kept fishing and were being taken the p*** out of by some ginger eels and Bass but Nick latched into 1 witch fought like a pig and so did I at the same time i only had bass trace and was soon parted,but Nick had 80lb mono and kept his fish on after a good scrap with only 6oz lead he got her to the surface a cracker of about 50 to 60lb.all fish were returned.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
due to a lack of interest and being hard to do pics and story from a 12 foot boat (missing fsh)I wont be posting anymore photo story of which I belive to be great catches on light tackle.
Tight lines Andy

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
due to a lack of interest and being hard to do pics and story from a 12 foot boat (missing fsh)I wont be posting anymore photo story of which I belive to be great catches on light tackle.
Tight lines Andy
Thats a shame mate. Just spotted your post.

I for one really appreciated the pics and story. It looked pretty hairy and credit where credits due :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

I'm fairly new to the site and try to post reports and pics in the South West forum when possible and yes you're right it does cause your fishing to suffer to get the pics. Unfortunately some people just come on to read and don't contribute an awful lot but rest assured your pics and report were much appreciated and are part of the reason why the site is so popular :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Great pics and great story. You probably didn't get as many responses as usual because the site was down for a while for the upgrade to the "new look".

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Andy,

that is a great report and pictures.

What makes it stand out is the size of your boat and the size of those eels....

I take it you unhook them in the water as I for one wouldn't fancy having something like that in the boat with me. My partner says she would carp herself if she hooked something like that.

Keep the pictures and reports coming.

Malcolm & Corrie

ps. we only fish out of an inflatable & know how hard it is to take decent pictures.

C

·
0 Posts
Tight lines Andy
Keep them coming Andy. Your stories and pics are always great and to do it in a 12ft boat is even more of an achievement:clap3:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Tight lines Andy
I completley missed you report for some strange reason andy......:blink:

Be a shame if you did stop as I have to say I like looking at the photos. As with all the other this one is a cracker also.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
lol it is bad I would have a rule no posts in 3 months banned:)
Yeah, anglers who look at reports, but stay silent really makes me wonder.:unsure:
It takes nothing to say `Nice one` or `good fish`.....Shame that reports as good as this go without replys (like catches of dogfish and pout, that get RAVE reports. who the hell wants to catch them?) :blink::uhuh:
Keep up the good reports andy. we both know that the best fish will always come from the Isle of wight.:)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice session and report Andy.......the only reason I logged in was the name Freshwater but was impressed by the number of species and size of fish caught.:clap3::clap3:
We have two Freshwater bays down here in Pembrokeshire [east & west]
and a report like yours had it been one of these bays would have caused quite a stir. Well done and keep those nice pics coming.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tight lines Andy

Andy me old mucker that is the same reason that i sacked this site to many watchers taking all the info m8 then when you come too fish the ba..ards are in your spot bolloxs to that.:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, anglers who look at reports, but stay silent really makes me wonder.:unsure:
It takes nothing to say `Nice one` or `good fish`.....Shame that reports as good as this go without replys (like catches of dogfish and pout, that get RAVE reports. who the hell wants to catch them?) :blink::uhuh:
Keep up the good reports andy. we both know that the best fish will always come from the Isle of wight.:)
IOW fishing dave you know your right m8 all the best fish.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Could be quite a few bots viewing, not real people so don't lose heart. Great report and pics. I sympathise my 'boat' fishing consists of a 8ft inflatable, mostly plugging nearshore and estuaries. Its great fun keeping the trebles clear to avoid a swim:blink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts