World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello first post :)

im going to arbroath tomorrow im only be going to take a small spinning rod and some light tackle i.e. couple of trebles size 10 hooks couple of dexter wedges and a few weights 4lb fishing line

i was wonderin if this will be ok and if i will have any chance of catchin a couple fish?

the bait i will be taking is some worms.

any replys will be helpfull as i have never fished in arbroath

i was on the isla river on sunday caught a few small brown trout but nothin big

was in loch fyne 2 weeks ago about a mile along from the oyster bar caught 10 mackerel and a sea trout my mate who i was with caught a nice 2lb mackerel it was a beauty and the biggest ive seen in a good couple of years.

my main quistion is will i be able 2 catch anything with my small spinning rod and 4lb line in arbroath. i will be fishin there for a couple of days.

and if i catch anythin il post the pics on here please, please reply if u know anything thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome

Im from Arbroath and fish down at Arbroath Harbour regularly. Firstly the small pier wall will be catching Mackerels at the moment, i got a bunch the other day with light tackle and rod.

Along by the cliffs you will get the usual Mackerels and Pollack.

Worms will do the trick here along the harbour and the cliffs, i was thinking of going down on Saturday so might bump into you

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how will i know what the small pier is?

i love catching mackerel its great fun and sport i shud get them on the dexter wedge yes? i will b fishing there from tomorrow from about 5pm onwards till i get bored inwich that wont happen

·
Registered
60 Posts
how will i know what the small pier is?

i love catching mackerel its great fun and sport i shud get them on the dexter wedge yes? i will b fishing there from tomorrow from about 5pm onwards till i get bored inwich that wont happen
The small pier wall is basically right at the end of the long rough road you drive down with the red cages on the sea wall. At the end of that road is the small signal tower/lighthouse, basically the wall running alongside that is where the mackerel are caught,

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx very much il be there tomorrow hopefully catchin mackerel and u said some pollack aswell? my gran runs a small hotel buissness there so il be staying any other fish on a light tackel do u think i can catch?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well people im back from arbroath

not so good not even a bite from the harbour

i asked a couple of local people from the harbour asking whats the chances of getin mackerel they said none lol

i said how much are the trips on the boats they showed me where the signs were and the numbers and prices were it is £15 with rod and bait i thought nicee so next time im up in arbroath im going out on the boat i will be up very soon

im going to loch fyne in 2 weeks times for the pollack im sure they will be plentyfull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts