World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of dragging the boat down to Poole for a week starting Tuesday. Is there anything to have a go at inshore at this time of year?

Should be mackerel about and possibility of bass on the ledges?

Any ideas or should I just stay at home?

Paul

15,082 Posts
Thinking of dragging the boat down to Poole for a week starting Tuesday. Is there anything to have a go at inshore at this time of year?

Should be mackerel about and possibility of bass on the ledges?

Any ideas or should I just stay at home?

Paul
Do you ever do anything apart from go on Holiday? :)
I wish I had the life of some people on here.

G

·
I was thinking the same thing...

I used to live the life of Reilley, then Reilley came home unexpectedly one day :roll1:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Some people on here get more hols than me....and I am a teacher!!!! :bicycle:

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do sometimes lapse and do some wo*k but only as a last resort.

Surely nowt wrong with a bit of holiday here and there though?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
i have got another 2 weeks off before i go back to work!but weather is to crappy to go out on mine,think i may book a charter trip!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Some people on here get more hols than me....and I am a teacher!!!! :bicycle:
This is not your best work. You can do far better than this and you were taught not to abbreviate.

See me after class! :spiteful:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Actually, I'm a teacher as well as many other things :rtfm::hypocrite---I just teach adults though not kids!!!
But what do you teach them!!:nono:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
But what do you teach them!!:nono:
Taught a little in Fire Safety for a short while but I don't teach now. I do have a 7407 Level 4 City & Guilds Certificate in Adult Further Education Teaching though so I might put this to use one day and diverse into a marine related topic. Hmmm Ive only just thought of that!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Taught a little in Fire Safety for a short while but I don't teach now. I do have a 7407 Level 4 City & Guilds Certificate in Adult Further Education Teaching though so I might put this to use one day and diverse into a marine related topic. Hmmm Ive only just thought of that!
Because you use tobe a fireman!so thats easy 4 u 2 teach!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Because you use tobe a fireman!so thats easy 4 u 2 teach!!
Well thats easy for you to say! I'm in danger of losing my present job due to this illness so I might have to consider my options when I am better. I can see it now, I'll teach Fire Safety for the small boat user. :wacko: I wonder if anybody would enroll on my classes?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Well thats easy for you to say! I'm in danger of losing my present job due to this illness so I might have to consider my options when I am better. I can see it now, I'll teach Fire Safety for the small boat user. :wacko: I wonder if anybody would enroll on my classes?
id just jump over the side!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry Paul,

I think I took this thread off topic and you havn't recieved much info back.

I visited Poole last year when I was trying so hard to catch a Bass (from the shore though). I got talking to some local fisherman (who were fishing for Bass near the chain ferry at Sandbanks). One of them had some knowledge of the boating hotspots (he was the one who had actually caught a Bass as well), and he recommended boat fishing just a couple of miles out. I had to re-look it up on my plotter because I wasn't certain were he meant --- but I am pretty sure he pointed out "Handfast Point" because I remember that there are tidal eddies around there as the chart shows. It does look a dodgy place on the chart but could be worth a look if tide/wind is in your favour. Watch out for submerged rocks near a place called "Old Harry" though! Theres a rock face all the way to Ballard Point which is almost a mile away. Looks interesting anyway!???

Let us know how you get on Paul.

Regards

Harry

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't live in Poole but I do have a boat down there and get out as and when I can, there are loads of marks but like everything, the best one's tend to be a bit of a secret, but I can give you some data, the nearest point to Poole harbour entrance is the sand banks between the two channels, I often see locals trolling, our charter on Friday was drifting across for flatties, the other tip I was given was head to Bournemouth pier, then straight out for about 2 miles to Poole patch, lots of rough ground and best Bream spot in the area, other than that it's off to Christchurch ledge for Bream, IoW for Bass. I'm still learning the area, so hope this helps.
Drop me a PM and if I can dig out the numbers I will send them on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts