World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site so Hello to all
I have unexpectedly found myself with a day off on Wednesday and having cut the grass, fixed the car, etc, etc, at the weekend was looking for some ideas of where to go fishing. Bait in freezer is mussel, squid, and will get some mackerel on the day. Any suggestions?

F

·
0 Posts
Aberdeen beach by the amuzment park? Donmouth? Loads of places around Aberdeen to go. The beach is good for flatties.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Crawton is fishing well at the moment but you need to cast to a very specific spot to get the cod. Portlethen is quite good too - either the bay or the first gulley to the N of the village. Both marks will produce ballan wrasse, cod, coalies, pollack and occasional dabs.

I would reckon on lug or peeler as being the best bait for the better cod but mackerel will take the smaller ones and the coalies too.

I have fished the beach and its OK but the rock marks produce as many and bigger flatties (especially the sandier marks like Red Rock) with the prospect of something to put a bend in your rod.

You've just missed the big spring tides but there will still be fish about although its falling for most of the afternoon which I never find as productive along the E coast, at the places I fish.

I hope you have a good day though, I was out on Sunday which was surprisingly poor with just one cod (5.5 lb though) and a rag tag of the smaller ballans and coalies.

Go get 'em ....

Andy

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Agree with Andy on the Portlethen bit. Lately have been catching some small codling up to 2 lb, Pollock up to 4 1/2 lb, very small saithe, 1 decent dab. Never seen a wrasse there though - would love to catch one, as its on my list of specieis yet to get. Was that at the gully Andy? if so, on what bait?

Also, seen the gulls diving on some bait fish about 1/2 mile offshore, so the mackerel can't be far away now.

There is a great dirty big seal moving up and down the area at the moment - seen him last two times out.

Also, hope you don't get what I saw at the gully mark last night. Some grubby sod who was there before me left a large empty plastic box, empty pepsi cans, 6 empty bags of crisps, 1/2 smelly joey mackeral, some cut up bits of squid in various spots, the guts of whatever he/she had caught left on the rocks to stink the place up, empty bait elastic reel - the list goes on. Get your act together if you read this forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers lads. Portlethen it is then, let you know how I get on. Can't agree more about the **** some people leave behind, how hard is it to stick in a bag and take it away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts