were is the best place along the bournemouth coast to fish
hoping to go tomorrow night

if anyone called help

thanks

joe :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The harbour is meant to be good for Bass and Mullet if I'm thinking of the right place...??? Anyopne know more about that?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Robbo

I am in Poole and at the moment it looks like the spider crabs are a problem all along the bournemouth/poole beach.... Poole harbour is a little queit too. you might find the fishing at sandbanks a little better although the lettice type weed may be a problem....

I suppose you could try Hurst castle or mudeford...although i don't know how that area is fishing....there could be a few sole about?

·
Registered
44 Posts
If that's the case sod fishing and go snorkelling for the Spider crabs and lettuce sea weed, mmm that will make a damn fine lunch :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Joegreen Did u go fishing over the weekend ?? any luck ?

Bassbites fished sandbanks about 3 weeks ago from one of the groins by the chain ferry but didn't have a sniff! What baits would be best round there ? sand eel?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi robbo

As with most places rag worm is the No1 bait...sandeel dead or alive would would be a good second,and if you can get some peeler crabs...and then mackeral and squid. The problem at the moment is all the spider crabs....if you can use a rig that will hold the the hooks off the bottom.. you could try using a ball lead on the maine line with a hook length of about 3feet with a flonder float about 6inches from the hook.... I should catch you a few fish?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi all

yes went on friday night at hengistbury head

caught 4 small whiting 1 bass and 4 spider crabs

surf was ruff for first couple of hours

joe green :cool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well that was a waste of time went down the peir friday after work only to b told u can't fish after half 5 unless you in a special club !(i think it's only fri and sundays) oh well got next week off work ao will b goin to chesil at least once!

·
Registered
2 Posts
has any1 fished sandbanks poole recently???
im fishing there sat nyt and just wondered wot bait to use and wot fish are being caught at the moment
thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
has any1 fished sandbanks poole recently???
im fishing there sat nyt and just wondered wot bait to use and wot fish are being caught at the moment
thanks
Hi mate,

Rockling, flatties and small plaice around at the moment, along with the occassional whiting/small pollock.

Bait to use would be rag, number one bait. Take some lug aswell if you can, make some cocktails.

I was down there a week or so ago to meet upw ith some mates, cocktails of rag/lug tipped with slipper limpet was working well to catch.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks mate i av just started diggin lug and rag the lug worm are easy to get the rag worms are a bit big for small fish lol
will let u no how i get on again cheers

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
hello people i fish everywhere lol... from hengistbury head to studland , chesil and abbotsbury ,hurst, ... and love the bmouth pier in the summer.. ...but at the moment groyne 52 to hengistbry head is producing fish, unless you just want mackies, then go to abbotsbury.

went to abbotsbury on the 23.05.10 caught 24 mackies .1 was freaking huge biggest macky i've ever caught thought it was a bass when it came in lol... almost as long as my mac keyboard lol... few joeys which are gunna be bait .

fished a couple of nights at christchurch with a mate. i caught :
2 bass, 1 flounder, 2 whiting, lost a big fish in the surf (probably bass or hound) , mate caught ,2 rocklings, 2 whiting, and a pout. ... all on rag, everything else was being left (squid, peeler, hermit)

its all about the lumi beads !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dry suit it is then with 2 15Ltr airtanks and watch those spiders run! Think I'll quite this fishing lark and go back to scuba with speargun lol.
Went for 4 hours at hurst castle by shingle bank last week end and some people had a couple of bass but weed was a problem especially with light rod and tackle. Will give mudeford a go tonight in fact just walking out the door. Will use sand eels and may try spinning if light holds if not mght try on the float.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts