World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried fishing in Corfu? I'll be there in mid-July, and I have simply no idea what to expect. I had planned on taking a telescopic spinning rod, with a selection of lures and hooks - I expect small stuff on tiny hooks. Any ideas?

Brendan

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
http://www.corfu-fishing.com/fishing_holidays.htm

Couldn' find much on fishing in Corfu, but I enjoy trying to find out though, see above link, and I found this post as well. see below.

"I probably had my best ever catches this time and indeed supplied fish to a local taverna!

The secret is to treat the Ionian Sea as a large lake, think light tackle and course fishing tactics. My catches this time included a Saddled Bream of 1.5kilos and several mullet of 1kilo. The scrap is excellent so to is the end result with a bit of Olive oil and lemon!!

All of these fish were caught on 11metre pole using paste made up from 2 slices of white bread (crusts removed) add 1 bag of Parmason cheese (it's only 80cents in the local supermarkets) mix with water to a stiff paste. Hook sizes were never above 12.

I gave away all of my terminal rigs to dispondent holiday anglers who had come away thinking they would catch great whites or fish of similar size juging by the tackle they had brought with them.

The same method is used if you hire a boat you can fish the rocky coves then fish size dose not change so don't be tempted to fish heavier.

Tight lines to all potential anglers!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds reasonable. Unfortunately I'm a sea kind of guy, so it looks like a steep learning curve :)

I have a pretty light telescopic rod, more along the lines of freshwater gear, and plenty of very light stuf, so perhaps I'll get lucky.

I'll post the results when I get back. Wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts