World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya ,,could anyone give me some advice on what is the best tide eg=low water or high water and what is the best bait ect to use when fishing widemouth bay in cornwall,,i am fairly new to fishing and any advice would be appriecated,many thanx phil lake

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Hi Phil

I'm from Bude but have only been fishing the beaches for less than a year. I'm out at least 4 times a week at the moment trying to get an idea of where to be and when.
Trial and error and all that.
I've been travelling as far as Newquay to the south and Croyde to the north just learning.
I can't help you with specifics but all the beaches from widdie heading North would be good on a low at dusk. Best thing is to get out there and explore :) I'm having a hoot!
I know in the summer that low tide turns up sand eels near camel (right hand side of widdie near the rocks) as I've had them wiggling through my toes as I'm entering the water to surf.
It would seem a good place to start. Be warned though... this area has been netted recently for Bass and the net sits just in the gulley and is unseen on the surface.
I can PM you with areas I catch to point you in the right direction or if you wanna meet up anytime just drop me a PM also.

Good luck mate and have fun.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
at Widemouth either side of the main (left hand) beach
fish at low besides the rocks and work your way back up. Rag or lug would be your best bet m8
be warned due to the shallowness, the beach tends to chase you back up so there's lots of walking back involved lol
I find on the left under the field, as tight leftwards to the rocks as you can afford, on high is the best
just walk down at low and suss it out during the day, i'll be there quite a lot in the summer nights, so if you fancy meeting up just send a pm m8
i like to plug or spin between the gulleys at low too,
great beach, but it gets packed with surfer dudes until dark

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
hi phil,

not from launceston are you, and have a new landy?

i'm going out later this week if your intreasted, probley trebarwith.

cheers sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts