World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi
I am going to Daytona beach in Florida, has anyone any experience of the shore fishing there? I can find lots of info on the charter boats on the net but not much on the shore fishing.

What tackle should I take?

Any help would be appreciated.</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hi, i tried some shore fishing in florida on my last holiday in naples, but didn&#39;t do very well - maby because of the &#39;red tide&#39; which was killing fish, and the shoreline became lined with washed up dead fish. I don&#39;t know about daytona but if there&#39;s an estury running out onto the beach through the mangrove trees then you&#39;lle get brown water in it, and its full of fish. just a light rod would be needed here as you dont need to cast, and either lure fishing or using whole shrimp baits should do the trick. on the actual beach itself in naples, good fish about a foot long could be seen swimming right up close in the surf, after the sholes of minnows that could be seen jumping for their lifes when these guys got near. there was also a peir there, which was great as you could catch big mackerel every cast on a silver spoon. good luck in florida.</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
<font color='#000000'>ive fished naples too, i caught hundreds of fish from the river and more from the peer, as for daytona, there is a pier wich i seem to remember ppl fishing on, but cant say ive tried it myself, naples is an amazing place you can sit a foot from the shore and watch snook, and stingrays swim around you&#39;r feet, also you dont need a licence to fish the pier. i alos took a charter boat from there and caught huge snapper, grouper and many other fish wich had strange names. basicly where ever u go you are more than likely to be able to catch fish. if you&#39;r into lure fishing dont give the big bass &nbsp;a miss, they are in most of the lakes that u will see. tight lines ross</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts