World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Like most of land locked midlanders I'll be heading to the coast over the next two weeks and would like to find out where is the best place to fish in and around exmouth, devon.

Any info relating to where and what fish are about would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Its quiet at the moment , bit early for bass and mackerel and there don't seem to be any flatties showing. Just bring some gear and pop in the local tackle shop he will sort you out.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Oh i forgot to add if you happen to be staying at Sandy Bay fish the beach there or see if you can get on the headland adjacent.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Like most of land locked midlanders I'll be heading to the coast over the next two weeks and would like to find out where is the best place to fish in and around exmouth, devon.

Any info relating to where and what fish are about would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
Newbienew
You have a PM mate
Gray

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone,

I did a little fishing off the outer ? habour wall (behing the 'Sea Fish' shop) where the camper vans stay overnight.

Caught a few small pollock and quite a few Wrasse, the largest being about 2 1/2 lb. A lot of people were casting way out off there but I didn't see anyone bring anything in. Fishing off the side seemed much more productive. I'm easily please,d to catch anything keeps me happy.

I'm back down there in a few weeks hoping to get some Mackeral, Is Budleigh Salterton OK for Mackeral ???

Thanks,
Phil

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Thanks everyone,

I did a little fishing off the outer ? habour wall (behing the 'Sea Fish' shop) where the camper vans stay overnight.

Caught a few small pollock and quite a few Wrasse, the largest being about 2 1/2 lb. A lot of people were casting way out off there but I didn't see anyone bring anything in. Fishing off the side seemed much more productive. I'm easily please,d to catch anything keeps me happy.

I'm back down there in a few weeks hoping to get some Mackeral, Is Budleigh Salterton OK for Mackeral ???

Thanks,
Phil
hi we take our motorhome to exmouth and wildcamp [free no hasstle]on the prom right down by the rocks to you far left as you look down the beach parking was allowed last yr al day as long as you had a ticket and night time they did'nt bother us at all what a spot right by the sea no fee's and cos we have a disabled badge we don't even have a buy a ticket can't be bad eh?fishing wise last summer by the rocks bass were being caught night tides though on sand eel so maybe i will see you down there tightlines andy ilsf....:) :)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Thanks everyone,

Thanks,
Phil
Budleigh should be ok for macky in the evenings but like anywhere round here it can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a caravan at the Haven park at sandy bay, but i have never fished there. too busy drinking when up there with the family, the beach seems very shallow. has does anyone fish there??? and whats about..

please and thank you

shaun

·
Registered
241 Posts
IMO mate the beach there is awful. I've fished it a fair few times and caught naff all, haven't even had a bite. Having said that at low water there is a big rocky/reef area that juts out into the main tide flow which does look really fishy, I only discovered it last time I went so I might not write the place off completely yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
sorry missed this post before , if helps the outside of docks always fishes well if you fish lihght and down the edge for the wrase, pollock , mullet , gar makkie etc

few makkie started to show from budliegh, can be a nightmare with tinsel flingers here in summer, pollock.pout.doggies,gurnard (ray and smoothies occasionally) can also be caught here

sandybay beach can fish well for flatties and bass but usually too many people or weed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Budleigh should be ok for macky in the evenings but like anywhere round here it can be hit or miss.
Hi,

From what I've been told the best spot at budleigh is near to the rocks (bottom of town end of beach) generally it's much easier to park at the opposite end of the beach. I presuming the mackie come in all along the beach or is there any truth in the best mark being at the bottom of the town end ?

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts